PTAT Black after rain

keckge

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 11, 2008
Illinois
Does everyone's hopper require a soft reset after it rains to get their PTAT back up and running otherwise all it records is black.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I was wondering the same thing. When it rains and PTAT is on and the signal goes out, when we go and watch the show, it will turn black when the rain hit and the show is black the rest of the time. Happened on two separate occasions now. I am on the latest build of software too.

Matt

This is why ota is still needed on the HOPPER. When it rained on my 722k I had at least two tuners just for ota, that helped record no matter what kind of rain we had. You can't underestimate the value of ota for you receiver, when you have satellite as your main provider of video.

Not sure about PTAT but I know Hopper is a lot more susceptible to problems with signal loss (Error Code 04) than the ViP 722 series... Not a huge deal but Dish needs to work on it.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

Not just PTAT. Hopper does not recover well from LOS. The last time I had one PTAT started recording ABC on all channels as did manual timers I had set. Dish support's answer was to reset everything. I didn't discover the problem until a day later. A little late for a reset. Sounds more like the software coders need to reset and start over.

Not just PTAT. Hopper is horrible after rain.. Any recording that gets interupted by rain is a total loss.. Even if the signal comes back it's a total loss..

How on earth are you supposed to reset your receiver when you are not at home? With magic? Its not like these have sling built in like the 922's.

keckge said:
How on earth are you supposed to reset your receiver when you are not at home? With magic? Its not like these have sling built in like the 922's.

If you go to dishonline.com/account you can reset your Hopper remotely. I have used that several times and it works.

Not just PTAT. Hopper does not recover well from LOS. The last time I had one PTAT started recording ABC on all channels as did manual timers I had set. Dish support's answer was to reset everything. I didn't discover the problem until a day later. A little late for a reset. Sounds more like the software coders need to reset and start over.

I have this problem too and am wondering if someone in Dish engineering owns stock in ABC as it is odd that ABC is the channel that seems to record on the Hopper in these scenarios. Or it could just be alphabetical in that ABC comes before the other networks in the Big 4. Who knows how they have this coded but they need to fix it!

Anyone from Dish listening here? Happened again Tuesday night when it rained. All stations went black and didn't come back. This is terrible.

Anyone from Dish listening here? Happened again Tuesday night when it rained. All stations went black and didn't come back. This is terrible.
message DIRT so they can report it to engineering. At least then you'll have a chance someone in their engineering dept looks at the problem.

message DIRT so they can report it to engineering. At least then you'll have a chance someone in their engineering dept looks at the problem.

It has been reported to engineering this time and the time before. Last time they responded over a week later telling me to reset the Hopper. I believe it needs a little more than a reset. Maybe a software upgrade or recall them until they get the bugs worked out. I am beginning to think they were released to soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts