PTAT Channels Did Not Record

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

charlesrshell

SatelliteGuys Crazy
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 14, 2006
O'Fallon, IL
One of my Hoppers last nite all PTAT channels did not record. In Daily Schedule timer's list, I scrolled up to check the history for last nite’s PTAT timer and it said “cancelled by user.” There is not a way to cancel or skip a PTAT timer in the Daily Schedule and Timers list. This is the first time that all yesterday’s PTAT channels failed to record in any of my Hoppers. In this same Hopper the Fsck date/time in the Counters list (Yellow - Blue - 3, View Counters) did not update, so I guess this Hopper also missed out on the daily update too. I tried a soft & hard reset, and even performed a Point Dish check switch test. Still no last nite’s PTAT channels and also the Fsck date/time did not update. My other PTAT enabled Hopper all last nite’s channels recorded and the Fsck date/time is today. I understand that the Fsck date/time did not update, that has happened before that one of my Hoppers missed the daily update for some reason. Does anyone know how last nite’s PTAT timer can get cancelled or skipped by the user? Is there some kinda hit that CSR can do to restore yesterday’s PTAT timers for this one Hopper?

Hi, I am sorry that your PTAT timers on one of your Hoppers did not record last night. Can you please PM me your account or phone number and the receiver number from the effected unit? I will get the issue reported for you. There is no way to restore the recordings but please let me know if you have any difficulties with tonight's timers. Thank you!

Hi, I am sorry that your PTAT timers on one of your Hoppers did not record last night. Can you please PM me your account or phone number and the receiver number from the effected unit? I will get the issue reported for you. There is no way to restore the recordings but please let me know if you have any difficulties with tonight's timers. Thank you!

Thanks maryb, got PM sent to you.

The best way I have to get an Fsck (file system check) is to be sure all Joeys and the Hopper are off before/at 1:30AM MDT (for me) and not transferring files to the EHDs, all unplugged. If you miss that time, then the next hour thereafter, etc. I bet the exact time is different for each home and mine can be as late as 1:37 or so. Try not to schedule recordings all night.

(In case you wish to check the fsck date, use Yellow + 8(Network Setup) + 3(Tests) + Down2(view counters) + many Page Downs past the temperatures.)

With all older machines, not allowing a Fsck resulted in flakey operation after a day or two. With the 921, it would not last a day often. The $1000 wonder--wonder why you bought it!

-Ken

The best way I have to get an Fsck (file system check) is to be sure all Joeys and the Hopper are off before/at 1:30AM MDT (for me) and not transferring files to the EHDs, all unplugged. If you miss that time, then the next hour thereafter, etc. I bet the exact time is different for each home and mine can be as late as 1:37 or so. Try not to schedule recordings all night.

(In case you wish to check the fsck date, use Yellow + 8(Network Setup) + 3(Tests) + Down2(view counters) + many Page Downs past the temperatures.)

With all older machines, not allowing a Fsck resulted in flakey operation after a day or two. With the 921, it would not last a day often. The $1000 wonder--wonder why you bought it!

-Ken

All my Hoppers never have timers recording past 1 AM CST. Once in a great while one of the Hoppers misses the daily update for some reason or at least the Fsck date/time (Yellow - Blue - 3 - Select View Counters - page down 12 times) has not updated for some reason. Next time I have a Hopper Fsck time that has not updated I will compare the guide's ending day/time to a Hopper's guide that the Fsck has updated. I guess you can tell by the guide's end day/time if a Hopper has updated or not but did not do a Fsck for some reason, if that situation could even happen. My updates are completed anywhere from 1:20 AM to 1:40 AM CST everyday. I have never had a Hopper update later on if it misses that time frame no matter how long it is idle.

The Hopper that Fsck did not update yesterday updated today and all PTAT recordings are there along with AutoHop. However, on the other Hopper that has PTAT enabled, CBS AutoHop did not set for some reason. All the other programs' AutoHops are there. That seems to happen once in a great while for this Hopper for some reason.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts