PTAT decided not to record

120inna55

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 14, 2003
Athens, Texas, United States
It's 2030 CST & I noticed no red light on the Hopper. I have it set to record every night. I took it out of standby & noted tuner 3 is "watching" the big 4, but not recording at the moment. What gives?

Sent from my Samsung GS3

I don't know what made it reboot. In fact I never noticed it because I wasn't watching TV at the time. All of my DVR'd events and PTAT recordings for last night were just a little over 3 minutes, so I assume it rebooted somewhere around 1903. I understand these things (reboots) can happen, but with my VIPs, they would pickup and begin recording again once the box was done rebooting. The Hopper doesn't indicate that it made any attempt to begin recording again. A little irritating.

I had a spontaneous reboot and recording restart a day ago. This usually only happens when I pull the USB on an EHD. That is why I recommend pulling the power because I don't see that happening then. I think it may also happen when there are too many things going on, on the Hopper, like 3 or 4 channels recording and an EHD in use and whatever else you can do. That sure ruins the recordings with a 4 to 5 minute gap. I think I have to be more careful while recording and changing out the EHD.
-Ken

Nope. The Hopper was actually in standby. I didn't even have the TV on at the time. No EHD attached. There was one scheduled recording, but it was part of PTAT. PTAT started recording at the appropriate time, but quit about 3 minutes later, presumably when it rebooted. The only way I know it rebooted is because the schedule indicates "stopped by STB reboot". Otherwise, I never noticed anything was amiss until I saw there was no red light on at 2045.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts