PTAT - dual recordings

lparsons21

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 17, 2009
Herrin, IL 62948
I noticed last night when I was cleaning up the PTAT folder a bit that some shows from the previous night were double recorded and in the PTAT folder. That's the first time I've seen that happen.

I think it was all on one night. The show I remember that it did it on was Blue Bloods last episode though it did it on others for that night. I just don't remember which ones.

Friday night I believe.

The other oddity was when I would select the show, it would open the multi-list screen, but only show on showing. Delete that and it still showed the listing. Very odd.

I have seen this more than once. One was the last person of interest. There were two entries. The 1st said 57 min. The 2nd said 2hrs 4 min. Both had the same episode #. The 2nd actually played only 4 min and the 1st 51 min. There was a 7 min recording loss. I have also had this happen when recording OTA. In the OTA cases the dual recordings are probably due to signal loss. So I am thinking that the PTATproblem might be signal loss also. It could happen in either the download feed to me or the upload feed from the station. We have had some real high winds in the area recently.

I have seen this more than once. One was the last person of interest. There were two entries. The 1st said 57 min. The 2nd said 2hrs 4 min. Both had the same episode #. The 2nd actually played only 4 min and the 1st 51 min. There was a 7 min recording loss. I have also had this happen when recording OTA. In the OTA cases the dual recordings are probably due to signal loss. So I am thinking that the PTATproblem might be signal loss also. It could happen in either the download feed to me or the upload feed from the station. We have had some real high winds in the area recently.

I had thought that a reset happened for some reason that caused the dual entry.

In my case it wouldn't have been a reset as I was watching other recordings during the time my duals happened. And both recordings of Blue Bloods were the same length and both played just fine. I tested them because of the oddity I noticed.

Oh well, gremlins at work I suppose... :)

In my case it wouldn't have been a reset as I was watching other recordings during the time my duals happened. And both recordings of Blue Bloods were the same length and both played just fine. I tested them because of the oddity I noticed.

Oh well, gremlins at work I suppose... :)

Yep, no telling.

OK! Let's add to the mystery.

Last night I deleted both Blue Bloods that were there. Today, both are back in the PTAT folder and as last night, both copies only show up on one line you have to delete one to see the other. I deleted one that showed not viewed, the other showed 100% viewed.

Very strange, these are some pesky gremlins at work! :)

I'm not seeing that on our Hopper here. That is really odd. I've never seen it happen on my Hopper at home either. I would say go ahead and do the reset and see it happens again with another event.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)