PTAT Feature Suggestion

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

datwell

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 25, 2004
Falls Church, VA
I think it would be nice if there were an option to turn off PTAT optionally on the weekends and resume M-F of course. Just a thought.

I think it would be nice if there were an option to turn off PTAT optionally on the weekends and resume M-F of course. Just a thought.

Why? What difference does it make? Users don't have access to the PTAT portion of the DVR anyway, so that wouldn't free up any additional space. PTAT can be manually turned off at any time (as long as it is not currently in use or about to be in use), so users could turn it off on Saturday morning and turn it back on Monday morning. Not sure I see the point of that though.

I'm assuming the reason is so they can free up a tuner on the weekend since they do not care for any of the prime time programming on the weekend. Also, by having it set up to shut off every weekend you would not have to worry about turning it off and then back on every weekend.

Yeah, it would free up the third tuner. I like this idea, especially on Sunday when my PTAT begins at 7PM.....

What we really need is a checkbox for each day so you can select whatever days you want to enable PTAT for. It would be nice to just be able to skip Mondays or something like that.

This summer I have turned it off on Saturday nights, when I have left it on, really gives you an idea of the crazy stuff on the networks

Looks like these features are coming in S215. :up

I would like the ability added for the Save Series option to be able to only save new episodes....

I'm assuming the reason is so they can free up a tuner on the weekend since they do not care for any of the prime time programming on the weekend. Also, by having it set up to shut off every weekend you would not have to worry about turning it off and then back on every weekend.

Exactly!

Looks like these features are coming in S215. :up

I would like the ability added for the Save Series option to be able to only save new episodes....

When you use the Save Series option the Hopper simply creates a series timer for you. If you edit the timer and change it to only include new episodes, you have what you want.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)