PTAT Saved Shows and extended time or padding question

ljdonato

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 21, 2008
Guaynabo, Puerto Rico
Hello
Trying to figure this out.
I have PTAT on, DVR defaults of extended time or padding to begin 1 minute early, end 3 minutes after.
When I select to save a show to "my Recordings" (reason: to not lose the show after 8 days), the saved show does not keep the padding, instead it shows just one hour, not 1:04.

I've read this was a problem, and seems that it still is. So many shows end a little bit late, that it renders PTAT, in my opinion, less useful.

Is this still the way saving PTAT works or am I missing something?
Is there a way to save a PTAT show with its added padding? Preferably without losing a tuner?

Trying to avoid turning PTAT off...

You can hit save on any ptat show or even save series of any ptat show and it should create a copy of that show or series in your no folder and you can save it for as long as you want. You can even edit it and move to another folder from the no folder. After saving a series, it creates a timer in your timers menu. You can add or pad the timer and it should create a copy of that show for that long, but don't hold me to it if it doesn't work. So many things are not working right with the hopper since all these new "features" have been added. Even the ota timers don't keep padding any longer. You can set it for one ,but you only get an hour no matter what. So it might be what is happening with your ptat show as well. It isn't supposed to work this way ,but the emphasis seems to have been on new applications and menu option features instead of working all the bugs out that the software updates that bring them.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)