PTAT & Sunday Night Football

Slimmfatz

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 4, 2012
College Station, TX
Well, Sunday Night Football on NBC is about to start up, and it got me wondering...Will PTAT adjust to cover the entire game or do I need to set a non-PTAT timer for it? Because the games will DEFINITELY run past the primetime window, I assume I'll have to set a timer...but it would be nice if PTAT would extend on game nights (just wishful thinking, probably).

As far as sports is concerned it should add the time. The Hopper I have access to at work did for preseason football and Olympics. You can set a second timer to ensure you get the whole game, but you may wind up losing a second tuner to do it.

When Hooper was coming out, that was a big topic it was discussed that time would be added with sports events such as Sunday football games

I have noticed, when MLB is playing on a PTAT channel, that PTAT starts earlier than usual to accommodate that game's getting fully recorded....

What remains to be seen is how PTAT will handle CBS Sunday night...when the afternoon games cause the entire primetime block to start late and end late.

What remains to be seen is how PTAT will handle CBS Sunday night...when the afternoon games cause the entire primetime block to start late and end late.
I would think a timer for one of the shows on Cbs and then extend it by an hour or 90 minutes or so ,would be in order. CBS is always running excessively late on Sundays and in the past I had to do a manual timer for the network in order to get all my shows recorded. I can still create a manual timer over Remote access for 2 hours on Cbs on a weekly basis.

No, when the afternoon CBS sports delays the prime time programming the last show will get cut off since PTAT does NOT extend.
That was what happened several times after the Hopper was released. You need to schedule a timer and unskip it.

What I expected, but when there were discussions early on about this, many insisted that PTAT would adjust. :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts