PTAT to EHD?

Did you try my previous post? You can save from PTAT to your records as a regular dvr recording to keep longer than the 8 days, then try to transfer to your EHD. Care to see if this works?
I haven't had my Hopper 8 days....but I will give it a try next week, thanks for the suggestion. Maybe someone that has tried this will chime in.

OK, here's the deal.... You can't transfer a recording to an EHD directly out of PTAT, period. You can save a PTAT recoding to your sector of the Hopper HD by clicking on a program and then selecting Save. I set this up this morning as a test. Now, when I go to transfer that recording on my part of the Hopper HD to the EHD it isn't there, although the recording shows up when I press DVR. The recording I tested with was last Sunday's 60 Minutes. It would appear that it is not possible to transfer a recording that is in both PTAT and DVR at the same time. Perhaps, and this is a big perhaps, you might have to wait until PTAT has cleared that recording before you can do the transfer......

When you "save" an episode recorded with PTAT, the recording is not immediately moved to the user partition. The Icon under "My Recordings" is simply a marker to the episode in the transponder stream saved on the Dish Partition. This is why playback of the episode will continue to play the stream beyond the end of the episode up to the end of PTAT for that evening.

By the time the PTAT stream expires, the saved episodes have been removed from the stream and saved in a file format that can be moved to the EHD.

When you "save" an episode recorded with PTAT, the recording is not immediately moved to the user partition. The Icon under "My Recordings" is simply a marker to the episode in the transponder stream saved on the Dish Partition. This is why playback of the episode will continue to play the stream beyond the end of the episode up to the end of PTAT for that evening.

By the time the PTAT stream expires, the saved episodes have been removed from the stream and saved in a file format that can be moved to the EHD.
Precisely...I remember this exact scenario being reported in another thread.

OK, here's the deal.... You can't transfer a recording to an EHD directly out of PTAT, period. You can save a PTAT recoding to your sector of the Hopper HD by clicking on a program and then selecting Save. I set this up this morning as a test. Now, when I go to transfer that recording on my part of the Hopper HD to the EHD it isn't there, although the recording shows up when I press DVR. The recording I tested with was last Sunday's 60 Minutes. It would appear that it is not possible to transfer a recording that is in both PTAT and DVR at the same time. Perhaps, and this is a big perhaps, you might have to wait until PTAT has cleared that recording before you can do the transfer......

Just an update. As has been mentioned, I transferred my 60 Minutes recording from my DVR space to my EHD this morning. It just had to clear the PTAT space first.....

622 to Hopper Upgrade - what to prepare?

Dish iphone app

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)