Puerto Rico- HD announcement and more. What do you think?

ljdonato

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 21, 2008
Guaynabo, Puerto Rico
Hi "vecinos"

Scott just reported:

Great News for our friends in Puerto Rico, soon the folks in PR will have more then 30 HD channels, plus they will be launching 10 regional channels which will only be available in PR on Dish Network.

Dish will be getting rid of the dual dish setup in PR and will have a single dish colution using a 30 inch Dish in 2010!

Now:

What do you believe will we receive in those 30 HD channels? When will they be available?

What do you believe will be those (mysterious) 10 regional channels that are not available in PR? Do they mean regional sports channels or regional PR channels?

Curious for your answers....

Hi "vecinos"

Scott just reported:

Now:

What do you believe will we receive in those 30 HD channels? When will they be available?

What do you believe will be those (mysterious) 10 regional channels that are not available in PR? Do they mean regional sports channels or regional PR channels?

Congrats!

Hi "vecinos"

Scott just reported:

Now:

wpru abc hd
wvxf cbs hd
wvgn nbc hd
wsjp cw hd
wsjx fox hd
wapa dt
wkaq dt
wipr pbs hd
wlii dt
woro dt

They told us that last summer,Soooooooooo(Ver para creer:rolleyes:)
About the info Nel brought, If those channels ever come to live(they now says summer but the didn't said what year:D)99% those are who come HD(local market)so his info is almost certain.:)

I would appreciate the locals in HD....but if that just means all the advertising running over the programs as is done now....I think I will stay with distant networks where I don't have the screen blocked and/or squished to fit in another ad during the actual program.:mad:

Well,people from Dishnetwork Marketing Dept are here again:rolleyes:,And we have a meeting with them tomorrow,So will keep you posted about what they said.I hope they come with solid information for all of us,but with the track record I'm no holding my breath.

Well,people from Dishnetwork Marketing Dept are here again:rolleyes:,And we have a meeting with them tomorrow,So will keep you posted about what they said.I hope they come with solid information for all of us,but with the track record I'm no holding my breath.

Keeping my fingers crossed. (And maybe holding just a little breath at a time).

Thank you for keeping us posted.

Keeping my fingers crossed. (And maybe holding just a little breath at a time).

Thank you for keeping us posted.

Well Donato probably you birthday will come sooner than mine.:D
I just got out of the meeting with the new Charlie Ergen Task force(apparently the boss himself have assemble a group of executives to work with PR/USVI exclusive)
This is what they said:
The new HD channels will come to live thru the summer until we get the 33 HD Channels they promise to have for this market. (Probably we should keep an eye of Digiblur uplinks reports very closely;))
More local channels(SD) will come to the line up thru the remain of the year.
The 33 HD channels cost will be the same $9.99 than you have paying now.
You soon will be able to combine those channels with any package including any latino package.
The news I really welcome is they are working with the local tax department(Hacienda) in order to all costumers in this DMA can benefit of the DHA program.
Finally they words were 33 HD is only the beginning,Remember this are not my words,so time will tell,but I a have a different felling about this,this time.:)

I just got out of the meeting with the new Charlie Ergen Task force(apparently the boss himself have assemble a group of executives to work with PR/USVI exclusive)
This is what they said:
The new HD channels will come to live thru the summer until we get the 33 HD Channels they promise to have for this market. (Probably we should keep an eye of Digiblur uplinks reports very closely;))
You soon will be able to combine those channels with any package including any latino package.
The news I really welcome is they are working with the local tax department(Hacienda) in order to all costumers in this DMA can benefit of the DHA program.
Finally they words were 33 HD is only the beginning,Remember this are not my words,so time will tell,but I a have a different felling about this,this time.:)

And to charge us with Taxes! El maldito IVU!

Yes!!! These are great news!
Any news on which channels are first in line?
Also, (and maybe you don't know the answer to this), I am not subscribed right now (maybe I will tonight, $10 for so little HD didn't make me happy ;) ). If I subscribe, will the new channels be added as they become available, or will I need to resubscribe to a new package?

technoguy, I hope I am not abusing your knowledge. Thanks for the info, you made my day.

Also, (and maybe you don't know the answer to this), I am not subscribed right now (maybe I will tonight, $10 for so little HD didn't make me happy ;) ). If I subscribe, will the new channels be added as they become available, or will I need to resubscribe to a new package?

technoguy, I hope I am not abusing your knowledge. Thanks for the info, you made my day.
To you first question, they said ch like Bio,History,National geo,discovery TLC ,MGM,CI like some of those channels(They didn't gave us all the channels we will get.)

To the second question,Yes,they will come available with no extra charge depending what program package you are on.
Trust me If I think the info I get is good for all of us,You will get it as well:)

:)

TECHNOGUY is our Puertorrican Master JEDI!:)

Last edited:
I guess is too soon to ask, but did they said something about the satellite location of the new channels? 61.5, 110 or 119. I am guessing 110 and next year on 119.

Caribe Vision CV24 was added to the 110 sat according to the 5-20-2009 DigiDish Uplink Report
7785(24) - WJPX [MPEG2 SD] added to EchoStar10 110W TP 25 Spotbeam 49 (NA)(San Juan, PR-N/A)

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...-39pm-uplink-activity-report-217-changes.html

It is going to be in our spotbeam at 110 soon dish is going to use in PR for 119 and 119 30" dishes!

I told you Nel.. :D

As a retailer with a 30" Dish, we all have to compete under the same cirscumstances. We won't have to give for free almost $150 worth for 2 dishes, which I don't anyway. I compete in terms of great service, not "regalando"... So having said that I'm pretty exited, they actually told us that on June 16 HD channels are scheduled to start.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)