Puerto Rico- HD announcement and more. What do you think?

Well Guys the only thing I'll comment about E 14 is they say will be another ball game for this market,However, those who are follow this thread and are planning to sing (if you are not yet already) with DN,is still MANDATORY 2 4' dishes, on new installations,Those retailers who are not follow the agreement they have with DN could LOSE their license with them,they were very specific about this,so until further notice such E14 is fully operational an they choose to change installation setup I suggest those who are retailers(I'm not talking about you tom:))follow you contracts,and those who are costumers demands 2 dishes when technician come to your home and don't sing any agreement if your basic installation in not up to that agreement.

I told you Nel.. :D

As a retailer with a 30" Dish, we all have to compete under the same cirscumstances. We won't have to give for free almost $150 worth for 2 dishes, which I don't anyway. I compete in terms of great service, not "regalando"... So having said that I'm pretty exited, they actually told us that on June 16 HD channels are scheduled to start.

Thanks Tom!:)

Well Guys the only thing I'll comment about E 14 is they say will be another ball game for this market,However, those who are follow this thread and are planning to sing (if you are not yet already) with DN,is still MANDATORY 2 4' dishes, on new installations,Those retailers who are not follow the agreement they have with DN could LOSE their license with them,they were very specific about this,so until further notice such E14 is fully operational an they choose to change installation setup I suggest those who are retailers(I'm not talking about you tom:))follow you contracts,and those who are costumers demands 2 dishes when technician come to your home and don't sing any agreement if your basic installation in not up to that agreement.

good Information! Techno!

Here is some more information on E14 for those of you that like to stay informed on the logistics and/or plans for the future.

Here is a link to a post by Nelson61 showing the Caribbean footprint and new signal strength for Puerto Rico/USVI when the new 119 satellite starts to work on 2010. http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...-filing-e-14-satellite-119-w.html#post1826668

Remember, this is a new satellite for the 119, not the satellite we have today on 119. Until the new satellite starts to work on the year 2010, you still need to use the 4' dishes as technoguy explained above in this thread. Plus, you'll experience less rain-fade with the bigger dish anyway.

I hope that no problems occur during the launch. Remember 61.5, on 2008, that didn't reach orbit. It ruined all the HD plans for Puerto Rico. That's why you can't start to use smaller dishes until everything is working perfectly, unless you want your clients giving you bad publicity on the street. Remember that word of mouth is the best advertising you can have, either good or bad for your business.

Here are some important dates posted by digiblur referring to E14 for the 119 orbital location.
Construction Begin - 1/1/2007
Construction End - 9/1/2009

Est Launch Begin - 1/15/2010
Est Launch End - 2/15/2010
Est Use Date - 3/1/2010

I hope you all find this information useful!

Here is some more information on E14 for those of you that like to stay informed on the logistics and/or plans for the future.

Here is a link to a post by Nelson61 showing the Caribbean footprint and new signal strength for Puerto Rico/USVI when the new 119 satellite starts to work on 2010. http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...-filing-e-14-satellite-119-w.html#post1826668

Remember, this is a new satellite for the 119, not the satellite we have today on 119. Until the new satellite starts to work on the year 2010, you still need to use the 4' dishes as technoguy explained above in this thread. Plus, you'll experience less rain-fade with the bigger dish anyway.

I hope that no problems occur during the launch. Remember 61.5, on 2008, that didn't reach orbit. It ruined all the HD plans for Puerto Rico. That's why you can't start to use smaller dishes until everything is working perfectly, unless you want your clients giving you bad publicity on the street. Remember that word of mouth is the best advertising you can have, either good or bad for your business.

Here are some important dates posted by digiblur referring to E14 for the 119 orbital location.

I hope you all find this information useful!

It is:up

Hi
Today's Wednesday, usual day for uplinks. I know it is not June, but...

Will there be new channels (in the uplink report) for us in PR? What do you think?

Crossing fingers... :hungry:

remember guys they didn't came with specific time frame for the PR HD pack,However they said they will come available thru the summer (meaning June and July)So far they had said Caribevision will become available on June 4 and is already on,be patient.:)

Last edited:
Well, if there is not another uplink report today, I think I have saved $10.....

As things seem to stand out, I don't know if we will see the HDs at least before June 18...

I hope I am wrong...