Puerto Rico Residents with the 30" Dish (New small one) Post your signal Strength

Techs here are super lazy(Mostly the young ones. There are super cool old timers that are super!), if you decide to take the upgrade make sure to MAKE him go to the roof and have him check the alignment.

You won't believe some of the young employees dish has installing their services in PR. They always want to spend the least time in your home so they do everything super fast and end up screwing something up.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Will do, but in my case the Dish is on the ground floor since I live in a Garden Apartment, So i'm guessing that's why my signals are weaker than you guys, if it was on the roof maybe they would raise a little.

The satellites are in geosynchronous orbit, which means they are well over 23,000 miles away. A few feet plus or minus won't amount to a hill of beans.

The signals that the op posted are indeed too low like others suggested a svc call is proper.since we're installing the new PR/hi 500 we have more steady signals less rain fade and les svc calls.Finally you can reach the 61.5 with a 30" dish without
any problems although there's not any hd content at this moment.

The signals that the op posted are indeed too low like others suggested a svc call is proper.since we're installing the new PR/hi 500 we have more steady signals less rain fade and les svc calls.Finally you can reach the 61.5 with a 30" dish without
any problems although there's not any hd content at this moment.

Thanks for the reply, a tech is on the way right now. I'm going to ask him to check the signal since the guys who installed the dish came with it (pre mounted) and just stuck it on the mount. I will get back after hes done.

i just requested hopper with sling, but asked for the install to be after july 30, the reason i need to get paid to pay the fee. will see how that goes. also will see about them re-aligning my antenna too. the problem with mine, is that only a small corner of my backyard has view to the 110/119. (no access to roof, it's a walkup.)

i just requested hopper with sling, but asked for the install to be after july 30, the reason i need to get paid to pay the fee. will see how that goes. also will see about them re-aligning my antenna too. the problem with mine, is that only a small corner of my backyard has view to the 110/119. (no access to roof, it's a walkup.)

You mean install fee right? The HWS is supposed to be free when you upgrade. By the way if your cables are old I recommend trying to get the tech to replace them all, the hopper demands high quality RG6.

My tech came today and replaced some old wires he found in my system and the duo node. He looked at my signal and told me it was peaked.(He plugged his sat finder and told me my levels were great). I really hope my system works better now.

I went from the old two 4.5 dishes and 4 year old cables to new 30" Dish, completely new cables, new LNB's and new switches/node.

I kind of searched around the forum and didn't find precise information regarding the signal strengths on the small dish antenna used in Puerto Rico and the VI. Most of what I see is people with the 4.5' , 5' and 6' Dish Setups.

SAT 110W

TP 14 53
TP 15 61
TP 16 45
TP 21 53

SAT 119W

TP 14 55
TP 15 71
TP 16 67
TP 21 75
?

I have a legacy system with three 43" DTV dishes. To me this Dish is bit small for our 27 elevation and 36 for 110. These are the tropics and rain falls like crazy many times. Just this week we had over eight ( that correct ) inches in a 24 hour period. Although not even a ten footer could handle. In Arizona it would be an overkill. I feel they should have come up with maybe a 40". Have you seen how much you get on 119 TP 7?????????????????

Just my opinion but an important one.

I have a legacy system with three 43" DTV dishes. To me this Dish is bit small for our 27 elevation and 36 for 110. These are the tropics and rain falls like crazy many times. Just this week we had over eight ( that correct ) inches in a 24 hour period. Although not even a ten footer could handle. In Arizona it would be an overkill. I feel they should have come up with maybe a 40". Have you seen how much you get on 119 TP 7?????????????????

Just my opinion but an important one.

I agree with you, after 6 years, rust ate my legacy dishes I really miss them. I had the really crappy ones made out of sheet metal but they did a good job for the signal, the build quality is what killed them.

?For TP7 I'll have to wait until I get home on Monday.

You mean install fee right? The HWS is supposed to be free when you upgrade. By the way if your cables are old I recommend trying to get the tech to replace them all, the hopper demands high quality RG6.

My tech came today and replaced some old wires he found in my system and the duo node. He looked at my signal and told me it was peaked.(He plugged his sat finder and told me my levels were great). I really hope my system works better now.

I went from the old two 4.5 dishes and 4 year old cables to new 30" Dish, completely new cables, new LNB's and new switches/node.
Nope I just got out of contract last month, and now they are charging me extra for the HWS. :-( Decided to hold out until next week to order (if i decide).

Nope I just got out of contract last month, and now they are charging me extra for the HWS. :-( Decided to hold out until next week to order (if i decide).

Contact DIRT on this forum. They will get you the best possible deal since regular dish representatives are clueless!

Sorry I forgot :p TP 7 is at 47, how much is yours?

TP7 on 119 is a mere 55 while all spots show 1 86 3 92 4 74 5 88 and all non spots are in the 75-80 range. On 110 with the same dish size 1.1 M I get 100 on SP29 106 on SP25 SP23 93 SP20 86 SP 18 90 and non spots are an average of 75 range. The point I am trying to make is those DISH500PR are too small for rainy seasons and these days with global warming there is a lot of evaporation and as a result massive showers taking place all over. If it was up to me I would have elected a 1.1 M DISH500PR new customers. Just my opinion.

But can someone tell me is why TP 7 on 119 is so low compared to CONUS TPs, which is what that TP 7 is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)