Purchase Hopper 3

tcreek

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 23, 2007
North Pole, Alaska
My HWS died today. So thinking of getting a Hopper 3. Dish wants $400 for one. Google search only shows one at Solid Signal and one on Amazon.

Anyplace else to purchase a Hopper 3?

let us know if it comes with the voice remote that would be a deal dish wants 350.00 for there's

I'm sorry. Yes mine did come with the 54.0 remote. That was one of the questions that I asked in pre-order that they were so helpful with.

I wanted to go back and post the picture that I just saw when I grabbed this link that had the H3 with the remote sitting on top. So I clicked on the link that I posted and there is a different picture there now "Without" showing the remote AND no mention of it in the descriptions. I'd think that was strange, but in the DISH World I'm not surprised . . . .

I'd call and ask . . . Plus they all price match, don't they?!

Last edited:
I'm sorry. Yes mine did come with the 54.0 remote. That was one of the questions that I asked in pre-order that they were so helpful with.

I wanted to go back and post the picture that I just saw when I grabbed this link that had the H3 with the remote sitting on top. So I clicked on the link that I posted and there is a different picture there now "Without" showing the remote AND no mention of it in the descriptions. I'd think that was strange, but in the DISH World I'm not surprised . . . .

I'd call and ask . . . Plus they all price match, don't they?!
everytime i chatted or talked on the phone with them no one had any idea if the voice remote came with it or not they didn't even have a clue if it was the newest version or not!!! but support at solid signal is getting better though!!! that's good to know it has the voice remote

everytime i chatted or talked on the phone with them no one had any idea if the voice remote came with it or not they didn't even have a clue if it was the newest version or not!!! but support at solid signal is getting better though!!! that's good to know it has the voice remote

The Support at SolidSignal, for me, has been incredible. They said I'd be getting the 54.0, saying they all came with them now. They were really great, my first box didn't sound right and they said just in case they'd send out another. It was here in a couple of days, with a free return label and they said that if I needed any help to call. I talked to DishDepot and had a couple questions and they were basically rude. That and the price difference is why I went with SolidSignal. This swap is how I learned how easy it is to transfer from one H3 to another. Hook them up via Cat 5/6/7/8 and let 'em rip. Hours later the new box was cloned.

Reactions: HipKat
I have 2 HWS and would like to get 2 H3s and have a couple questions.

1. If I purchased a second H3 from Solid Signal would the Dish Tech install it when they install the H3 they provide?

2. If they would install it at the same time would there be an extra charge?

3. Is there an extra monthly charge from Dish for the extra H3 even though I would own it?

I have 2 HWS and would like to get 2 H3s and have a couple questions.

1. If I purchased a second H3 from Solid Signal would the Dish Tech install it when they install the H3 they provide?

2. If they would install it at the same time would there be an extra charge?

3. Is there an extra monthly charge from Dish for the extra H3 even though I would own it?
1. It needs to be on the order, so, you need to tell the CSR that you have a Hopper 3 that you want installed along with the leased one.

2. Should be the same charge.

3. Yes, there is an outlet charge whether you own it or not.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts