purchase or lease a second VIP 211?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

aduncan81

Original poster
Jun 21, 2009
Columbus, GA
I currently have 1 HD and 1 SD setup. We are going to switch to a TurboHD (100% HD) package and am debating whether to purchase or lease a 211 receiver to replace the SD receiver that we lease. To lease the second HD receiver requires a $100 one-time upgrade fee plus $7 per month lease fee.

I have found some used 211's on eBay for a little more than $100 and was thinking of purchasing b/c it would pay for itself within a few months. If leased, we would be getting the newer Vip 211k, is there any distinct difference why I should prefer a 211k instead of a older 211? I can purchase a 211k for about $180.
Any help would be appreciated.

You will pay per month whether you lease or buy a 211. If you lease, it's called a lease payment, and if you purchase, it's called an additional receiver fee. About the only advantage to purchasing over leasing is avoiding extending your commitment.

You will pay per month whether you lease or buy a 211. If you lease, it's called a lease payment, and if you purchase, it's called an additional receiver fee. About the only advantage to purchasing over leasing is avoiding extending your commitment.
Which is exactly the best reason in the world for purchasing.

I currently have 1 HD and 1 SD setup. We are going to switch to a TurboHD (100% HD) package and am debating whether to purchase or lease a 211 receiver to replace the SD receiver that we lease. To lease the second HD receiver requires a $100 one-time upgrade fee plus $7 per month lease fee.

I have found some used 211's on eBay for a little more than $100 and was thinking of purchasing b/c it would pay for itself within a few months. If leased, we would be getting the newer Vip 211k, is there any distinct difference why I should prefer a 211k instead of a older 211? I can purchase a 211k for about $180.
Any help would be appreciated.

The 211K is much smaller and black in color. I have two of them and would not have a 211 after having the 211Ks personally.
Gerry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)