Purchased a new TV, how did I do?

smokey982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
Cleveland, TN (Chattanooga Market)
I finally broke down and bought a new TV for my den last night. This is not my primary TV, so I didn't need anything real fancy. It will mainly be used for the Wii, some occasional movies, and occasional TV viewing by my daughter. I got a Panasonic LCD (TCL42U22). I haven't found a tremendous amount of information on this set from the web for some reason. I'm not sure if it's too new or maybe it's last years model. Does anyone know anything about this set? If so, what are your thoughts?

I feel I got a good deal from Sears. Regualar price was $749.99. Their sale paper listed it at $674.99, but when I went to the store, it was actually $574.99. And I just happen to be there right at the normal closing hours last night and they were starting their after hours "friends and family sale". So I got it for another 10% off of that, which put it around $516 or so. I thought it was a great deal for a 42" 1080P LCD. What do you guys think?

I don't know about their LCDs, but I have a Panasonic 42" Plasma that I love. It's only 720p, but the picture quality and colors are excellent. I guess the big question is, is the TCL42U22 backlit using fluorescent or LED lights? For that price, I'm guessing fluorescent.

Interesting. I found all kinds of info about this TV on the web. :confused:

Well I found SOME info myself, but nothing useful. Only thing I kept finding was the specs, which I already knew. You can usually count on Cnet and Amazon for really good reviews. But Cnet doesn't have a review and Amazon has NO user feedback. That sort of made me nervous. So what kind of reviews did you find?

Panny LCD

As this is a NEW model ( how could you miss that bit of info ? ), no one has had the chance yet to review it in detail. Those reviews should be coming along soon, though. Panasonic has long been known for their quality products and outstanding customer service. You should be fine with this particular model.

As this is a NEW model ( how could you miss that bit of info ? ), no one has had the chance yet to review it in detail. Those reviews should be coming along soon, though. Panasonic has long been known for their quality products and outstanding customer service. You should be fine with this particular model.

I agree...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts