Purchased the Toshiba 8GB Thrive 10" Tablet for $199 today.

televisionarchives

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 25, 2008
My coworker has it the Toshiba Thrive and I love my Ipad but this tablet it incredible. Didn't want to pay full price and I got a heck of a deal today. Will let everyone know how it is.

I like it.

I bought 2 about 3 weeks ago during the ebay daily deal. Got 2 32gb 10in Thrives for $279 each, gave one to my dad as he and I had both been looking at these for a while. I told my sister about the 8gb sale this morning, don't know if she got one or not.

They came at the right time for me. My stepmom had some major complications from what was supposed to be minor neck and back surgery and was in the hospital for 2 weeks. I look through several hundred pdf's every day from accident collisions, as an insurance adjuster. I was able to just plug my usb thumb drive in the thrive and go thru the reports without lugging my laptop up to the waiting rooms.

Hulu plus and the Masters apps were great too. The hospital had 20meg guest wifi access that the Thrive worked great on. The reviews about it being thicker and heavier than the ipad are actually benefits for my dad. He preferred that it was slightly heavier than my stepmom's ipad 2. The textured rubberized back makes it easier for him to hold too. I like it for the full size ports as I need a usb port for reviewing reports. I had a 7" HTC Flyer, so this was a little upgrade in screen size. Great for reading books on and watching video's. The only problem I have had with it is there is some keyboard lag when typing on certain web pages.

congratz to both of you on your recent purchases. the bride is a really nice tablet, and I hope you enjoy it.

I had a really cool geeky moment with my tablet the other day. it turns out that 2 of the most common chipset solutions 4 usb to serial adapters comes with android,and I was able to connect up to my lab servers with a tablet. Talk about a time warp moment :)

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts