Purchasing Movies on DIRECT Website

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jaybird28

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
Seattle
I'm a newbie to DIRECT and love it. However, I need some advise. I purchased a movie on the website for a couple days in advance. They told me to check with channel 181 to watch it on that day. I assumed it played all day on that channel. I assumed wrong. I happened to get lucky and turn on that channel 45 minutes into it at 10:25am and I found out later that this was the only part to the end of the movie that my DVR had for viewing. My question is--if it shows it starts at 9am that day, do I need to have my player turned on to that channel at that time so my DVR records it for watching it later that night??

I'm a newbie to DIRECT and love it. However, I need some advise. I purchased a movie on the website for a couple days in advance. They told me to check with channel 181 to watch it on that day. I assumed it played all day on that channel. I assumed wrong. I happened to get lucky and turn on that channel 45 minutes into it at 10:25am and I found out later that this was the only part to the end of the movie that my DVR had for viewing. My question is--if it shows it starts at 9am that day, do I need to have my player turned on to that channel at that time so my DVR records it for watching it later that night??

That depends on if it was a "All Day " movie, if it's an all day movie then you can record it later in the day, if NOT, you would have to pay for it again.
If you set up to record days in advance, when you set it up, you need to tell it to record the exact movie , channel and time that you want recorded.
Mainly I would go up to the proper day and find the movie and time you want recorded and then hit the "Record" button on that location of the guide.

Jimbo

If you have a Directv brand DVR, you can tell it to record on the guide and won't be charged until you watch it. This is for ordering by remote only. It will keep the movie on your DVR for around a month. If you don't decide to buy,it will be deleted.

I usually tell it to record several movies a month,but only pay and watch 3 or 4 a month.

This will not work on the DTIVO units.

If you have a Directv brand DVR, you can tell it to record on the guide and won't be charged until you watch it. This is for ordering by remote only. It will keep the movie on your DVR for around a month. If you don't decide to buy,it will be deleted.

I usually tell it to record several movies a month,but only pay and watch 3 or 4 a month.

This will not work on the DTIVO units.
Darrell, that kind of information is why this forum is SO GREAT. As a relative newby, I would never have figured that out. Thanks!:cool:

If you should subscribe to any movie channels (premium) they will almost certainly end up on those channels after a few months of being off of PPV. So if you are budget conscious, good things come to those who wait.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)