Pure Acoustics opinions

mekp21

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Nov 28, 2004
Carson City, Nevada
Hi all! Been a member of Satguys for a couple of years now but never been in this section but thought hey I've learned from other sections so why not ask here. Due to bad choice on my part with a little help from "Saving Private Ryan" my Polk center channel fell from the top of my tv :eek:. Now after fixing the hole it left in the wall I'm in the need of a new center channel.
just browsing around I came across Pure Acoustics but in googleing reviews for it Austraulians seem to love it and the UK seems to hate it.

So my question is what do the the people in the states think of them. It will just bea fill in till I can gather some money for a better one (klipsch, polk, Infinity, or other suggestions) but it sucks watching something and have a very cheapa** Durabrand up there just to fill the hole, I'm almost embaresed to admit that:eek:, Ok enough rambling I need to read some of the reviews you guys have already posted on this stuff.

Pure Acoustics, Inc.

What series & costs are you looking at? Seems to be a lot of reading on these not being 100% kosher; and I certainly have never seen or heard of them in over 30 years of A/V. MAYBE they are marketed by another name here. Once you can give us a budget, I bet we can give you some more likely alternatives from known, respectable companies that you would be proud to own.

Normally you want all three front speakers acoustically matched. It's usually safer to go with the same brand and a similar model as your Left and Right, unless you are ready to replace them all...

Sorry for the long delay in getting a reply here. After reading more about Pure acoustics I have decided against it and just gonna got with a good/descent center. In looking around Amazon I have seen a few Polks that would suffice to replace the old one (similar specs) but also have been reading that you should match it with you towers. My towers are Cerwin Vega LS-12's and the surrounds are paradigm's (dunno the model) powered by a Denon AVR-2802

I'm trying to stay below $200 for the center itself and am looking at the
Polk CSi3 and CSi5
Infinity pc250 and beta c250 (whats the diferance?)
Cerwin Vega CLS6C (unsure about how it looks)
JBL VOICE Venue Series

The local Best Buy here has a whopping selection of 4 to listen to and honestly I thought the JBL was a bit tinny, the bose sucked, the Klipsch didn't sound that great and who cares about the Sony:). Gonna take a trip into the a nearby town to listen to a few more but still looking forward to your recomendations

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)