Put service on hold, now I can't used HD-DVR to record at all?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Odys said:
I'm cancelling my D* service this weekend. Last night I was trying to archive some of the saved content on my HR10-250, but I realized my DVD recorder wasn't working. Will I still be able to archive it later when I get the DVD recorder fixed, or will I need D* service to play anything off of the HR10-250?
No, you can play recorded videos without having service. I've done this myself.

Fgsilva said:
So, CSR AGAIN :mad: :mad: screwed me up and now my installation for the moving deal wont' happen till 3 days after I moved. So, for those 3 days my HD Tivo wont' be connected to a dish will I be able to use my DVR to record OTA or does it need to be connected to the dish to "know" that it has the DVR service? I fear I won't be able to use it to record... :mad:

I can't speak for other installers, but I dislike having to climb over mountains of crap to do my job. IMO, people should get settled in, then worry about TV. Of course, I am the ahole who made the lady empty her PODS box to get her TVs from the very back (for real though, how I am I supposed to make it download if there is no TV to hook it up to? I can't just hook the s-video up to my retinas, you know).

Another jerk actually told me I should supply a TV to check them out until his got there. Then I'd have a service call when he can't figure out how to hook it up. I told him no thanks, but he might get another installer to do it. Not me--- if I have to guarantee something, I am going to hook it up and make sure it works personally.

In my family, we're already unpacked THE DAY we move in! If the installer had come over the initial date (which was a day after we moved) he'd have found all already set up and ready to go! Instead, they were still late and they sent this private company with an 18 year-old kid whom took 6 hours to install everything. And i'm not sure he did a good job as I've had problems with DTV since them.

chadzx11 said:
I can't speak for other installers, but I dislike having to climb over mountains of crap to do my job. IMO, people should get settled in, then worry about TV. Of course, I am the ahole who made the lady empty her PODS box to get her TVs from the very back (for real though, how I am I supposed to make it download if there is no TV to hook it up to? I can't just hook the s-video up to my retinas, you know).

Another jerk actually told me I should supply a TV to check them out until his got there. Then I'd have a service call when he can't figure out how to hook it up. I told him no thanks, but he might get another installer to do it. Not me--- if I have to guarantee something, I am going to hook it up and make sure it works personally.

francisco,

back in 2000 we had a tech at our office in monessen, who was 18.

steve was one of the best techs i have ever met, professional, curteous and KNEW what he was doing. for some reason you seem to resent the fact the tech was young. it all depends on work ethic.

ok, the way I put it sounded like it was crapy just 'cause he was young. In reality the whole install was crapy cause the company was bad! For example, While the installer was there this "senior" installer comes over to "make sure he was doing it right" as "there had been problems before" :eek: Not sure, as the client I needed to know or see that!! Then I had the whole problem with the humming sound and then another "senior" installer (whom said he owned the company) comes over and tear my equipment apart, blaming my TV, receiver (NEVER his installation) for the weird humming sound I had. Turns out it was the ground! I've had installers whom were young coming over before (one from dish net) who were excellent! Previous D* installers (the one from D*, not private installer) were fine also. But my latest D* instal I wouldn't consider as a good one. I've been considering writing a letter to D* describing my whole installation ordeal, but I don't want the same people to come back!!:mad:

dragon002 said:
francisco,

back in 2000 we had a tech at our office in monessen, who was 18.

steve was one of the best techs i have ever met, professional, curteous and KNEW what he was doing. for some reason you seem to resent the fact the tech was young. it all depends on work ethic.

Dragon....your quick witted responses and smart a$$ attitude is the reason I stopped coming into this forum. Man, who are you? What makes you such a genius in the D* world. Some people who come here are in need of honest to god answers. People ridiculing and being a wise a$$ need to be removed. That is my opinion. Don't try and bash me on here because I will not read it. Just my two cents worth.

Last edited:
Yep, that was weird that guy's reply. Your response was directed at me and I didn't take offense on that! As Ray would say: some people are mixing up their meds! :D

UPDATE: After reading some of dragons posting now I understand why some people don't like him...

dragon002 said:
iwe havent even spoken in this thread, WTF are you talking about?

Last edited:
francisco,

thanks i thought i was seeing things. i went back and checked the entire thread, he wasnt even listed.....oh well.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)