Put up a DB8...

bcope9

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 15, 2004
Thomson, GA
Well, I researched and found the DB8, so far pretty good. I wasn't able to get it as high as I wanted to though. I am now able to pick the local fox station that is about 40 miles away, only hitting 32-40 on the scale, tv locks in at 30. They are only putting out about 33kw. I am now having some trouble with my PBS station. They are only about 20 miles and I think that my cheapy RS 75xr is affecting that, I left it up for a local analog, but I didn't remove the UHF reflectors, so I am thinking that I will do that soon.

Update...

After a week, I went up and removed the UHF reflectors on the RS VU-75xr and then I lost my Fox station. The weather has been too crazy to put them back on. Removing them really helped the local PBS station to come in more clear, oh well. I need FOX back in HD.

Combine the two antennas with a cm 0549 vhf/uhf combiner purchased from warren electronics. (if that is what you are trying to accomplish). use the db8 for uhf and your radio shack antenna for vhf (after you put the antenna back together).

the cm0549 will isolate the vhf and uhf on each port and not cause intereference with each other.

http://www.warrenelectronics.com/Antennas/joiners.htm

then amplify the 2 antennas off the combined output of the cm 0549.

if you are still having issues you may need to step up to the 91xg which is more directional.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts