putting a receiver on hold?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have 2 LEASED receivers suspended/hold not sure what to call it They put it in so no recovery kit is sent...
Stonecold probably knows the name.

I agree with you and Stone, but I've been dealing with this since last night and have talked to 2 different supervisors and even got their ID numbers. Didn't matter. Not sure what to do now other than leave them active. Like I said it's only for a few months but it's the principle. They don't budge when they have you. I would really love to go back to cable just for spite, even though I do like Direct. THey are so arrogant I wish there was a loophole (not really) Just venting now.

I have always believied this is the one advantage to owning your equipment. If you own it you can turn it off and on when you want to. When you lease and you turn 1 off a recovery kit arrives to send it back. $5 dollars might not be much but month after month it adds up. There are alot receivers out there that only get watched here and there . example: If you have a guest bedroom or another TV that doesn't get watched much you pay through the nose. Think about it. Say family comes in for a weekend and watches TV one night for a couple hours before going to sleep. You could be paying D* like $30hr to use there service if that's all the receiver gets used that year.
I believe that many households get 4 receivers because they are "free" with a new installation. Then these free receivers tax them to death throughout the year. A lot of these customers would be better off mirroring these less used TVs.

I have always believied this is the one advantage to owning your equipment. If you own it you can turn it off and on when you want to. When you lease and you turn 1 off a recovery kit arrives to send it back. $5 dollars might not be much but month after month it adds up. There are alot receivers out there that only get watched here and there . example: If you have a guest bedroom or another TV that doesn't get watched much you pay through the nose. Think about it. Say family comes in for a weekend and watches TV one night for a couple hours before going to sleep. You could be paying D* like $30hr to use there service if that's all the receiver gets used that year.
I believe that many households get 4 receivers because they are "free" with a new installation. Then these free receivers tax them to death throughout the year. A lot of these customers would be better off mirroring these less used TVs.
Do you actualluy understand that just because you pay for the receiver at best buy or through Direct that you dont actually own it???????? Some people think that you actually own it.....Right. Not the case

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts