Putting service on hold ?

daro

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 12, 2007
I've heard you can put service on hold . What is the total cost ? Will I still have to pay all the fees associated with DVR/2nd rec. etc ? Also, will my DVR still be able to receive the local channels through my antenna ? or recorded programs ? I will probably only be home for about 2 days a month and would like something ... Is there maybe a locals only package ?

Thanks

For $15 a month you can get a few channels in SD, and locals in HD. If you are in contract and got a deal based on a certain level of programming you might not be able to this. If you put the service on hold only previoulsy recorded programs will work on the receiver. (If you have an outside antenna that can go directly to the TV)

You can put the account on pause, it is $5.00 a month, if the equipment is leased it has to stay active and charging or boxes will be sent out the moment it is disabled. Owned equipment can be disabled at enabled at any time. I do not believe that you can access the OTA channels, but you should be able access old recordings. One option also is to put the package onto the welcome pack that is 14.99 a month, that is the lowest active plan we can put the account on.

Thanks .. that welcome pack may be what I do .. I'm not under contract btw ... So 15 bucks plus my rec and dvr fees and I can still have the locals .. not bad .. Don't really want to shut the acct completley down

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts