This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Putting your DTV account on hold

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Fgsilva

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 10, 2004
Vallejo, CA
Not sure if everybody knows this but DTV gives you the option to put your account on hold for 9 months with no fees. I called them to cancel my account and they gave me that option. The benefits of it (according to them) was that I would still be able to get any offer or promotion that current customers would get. I decided to give it a shot. Interestingly, there was no mention on the fact that I still have 8 months left on my contract.

I have no need for DTV now that I was also able to "move" with Dish. No point in paying $30 just to get the NY HD channels! We'll see if DTV will really have the promised new HD channels in 9 months! If not, I'll give them the final ax!

I did this yesterday via the VRU and it said 6 months so perhaps the live person is able to bonus you 3 months. I just suspended pending HD additions and next football season, so if the HD is not there I am with you and jumping ship.

Yep. I think they realize they suck right now and that's their way to get people back if/once they become HD leaders again. It was sure funny to hear the CSR trying to sell out on their HD package with 7 channels! And he kept including PPV HD and HBO, showtime. Then he offered to give me a $5 for the HD package! I said I had already cancelled to save money; if I got it back even with a $5 I'd still be paying $5 more!

Well, now it's time to try selling my HD Tivo while it's still worth something.

No Problem. Yeah I see the closed auctions from 360-500, it would be nice to be a big fetcher since I purchased mine on pre-order in 2004.

Look closer the "New & Unused" are going for that price. Used is about $150 to $200 less than that.
Mine listed as used for 5 months went for 425.00 + 25.00 shipping and the buyer KNEW what he was getting because he asked for the access card, which I would not provide.

Status
Please reply by conversation.