PVR 508 issue

headcancer said:
Only the original cost of the 622 install, that is warrentied for 90 days and this was not resolved at the time of the HD install, therefor, no additional cost.

Good luck with that, see if he can get dish to puch the 309 upgrade through, I've seen two people say that fixed theirs, I still have 308 on my 508's

I just started thinking about this and realized that I had lost transponder 26 spot beam on the 110 yesterday and signals are in the high 90's on most all transponders. I would work on sorting through this myself but I am cancelling service tomorrow and rerouting some cabling from my internet service through comcast, I have the basic locals only package and will be watching that for the time being.

headcancer said:
Had a call and the tech is coming now instead of Sunday, I will let him sweat it out for a while and see if I can get resolution of some kind.
I will follow up this evening...
What happened?

Frank Jr. said:
What happened?

Sorry about the late response, went fishing...
OK so two guys in a van show up and one is no older than 18 and basically "in training". The older guy did not like me cause I asked and answered every question he had prepared himself to answer/diagnose, as I felt his time spent there should be trying something new.

His approach was to tie a line directly into the 119 LNB and bypass the switch but the problem with getting only even or odd on a checkswitch remained. He then tried it with a 311 he brought with him and the issue was duplicated. So he decided to take off the existing 119 lnb and put on a legacy one and did a checkswitch to (re-program the reciever) as he put it. I will say that after the checkswitch with this older LNB all the channels were coming in fine but this setup could not remain as the legacy LNB is not compatible with the DP44. So the next step was to install a new Dish Pro LNB from his van and upon doing this the 119 channel problems have vanished. So he hooked it back up through the switch and then ran a checkswitch on the 508, this time all was green and flagged as "ALL" instead of "X" or ODD/EVEN.
He believed that the 622 is not as sensitive to the failing LNB as perhaps the older receivers and provided that as his explaination of the 622 remaining issue free.

One good thing to note, my "X" in the 110 box still shows as most all the 508s are that run P308. Come on 309...

Thanks everyone for your input.

Last edited:
Mine has the x and says multidish table is corupt or something to that effect.

But I was able to get it to pass a check switch, then all my channels came back. Even though it has the x, you can still get all your channels right?

Frostwolf said:
Mine has the x and says multidish table is corupt or something to that effect.

But I was able to get it to pass a check switch, then all my channels came back. Even though it has the x, you can still get all your channels right?
Mine shows the cursed red x a lot as well. Sometimes I have all my channels but not all the time. Heck sometimes my status is good all green and pass switch check test with channels missing. I hope that p309 is the fix and I get it soon.:confused::( :mad: :) After all this is said and done I think I'll need a shot of prozac or something.......Maybe a good cold beer. I think my 510's need the prozac.

Last edited:
headcancer said:
Sorry about the late response, went fishing...
OK so two guys in a van show up and one is no older than 18 and basically "in training". The older guy did not like me cause I asked and answered every question he had prepared himself to answer/diagnose, as I felt his time spent there should be trying something new..

Oh so not cool to start off a service call like that with a technician you dont know.

headcancer said:
His approach was to tie a line directly into the 119 LNB and bypass the switch but the problem with getting only even or odd on a checkswitch remained. He then tried it with a 311 he brought with him and the issue was duplicated. So he decided to take off the existing 119 lnb and put on a legacy one and did a checkswitch to (re-program the reciever) as he put it. I will say that after the checkswitch with this older LNB all the channels were coming in fine but this setup could not remain as the legacy LNB is not compatible with the DP44. So the next step was to install a new Dish Pro LNB from his van and upon doing this the 119 channel problems have vanished. So he hooked it back up through the switch and then ran a checkswitch on the 508, this time all was green and flagged as "ALL" instead of "X" or ODD/EVEN..

Thats a good process that he followed there and something that I may have done myself if I had had the time to run dumby lines but I would have swapped lnbf's after getting all the details from you.

headcancer said:
He believed that the 622 is not as sensitive to the failing LNB as perhaps the older receivers and provided that as his explaination of the 622 remaining issue free..

Oh thats such horse hockey, one receiver isnt going to be more sensitive or less sensitive to a failure in the system over that of another so yea I 'll say he's talking out of his hat.

headcancer said:
One good thing to note, my "X" in the 110 box still shows as most all the 508s are that run P308. Come on 309...

Thanks everyone for your input.

Hmm, I just started having a similar problem with my 508 last night. It won't pass a check switch test or aquire a satellite signal- I just get x's now and no channels at all. Software is p308. I called Dish tech and they could not help. I also have a 622 that is working fine. The rep set up a service call for this Friday. So what gives here? Is my switch bad or is this something else?

Incidentally, I tried hooking up my spare 311 in place of the 508 and still had the exact same problem.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)