PVR ready?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Which receiver?
The ones I've seen, just need an external USB hard drive.
Quite a few have hit the market since the first of the year.
I guess making the hard drive your responsibility, cuts the manufacturing cost, and lets the unit sell into the market significantly cheaper.
Plus, it's extra easy to take that hard drive over to your computer, and burn a DVD of your favorite shows.

I reviewed the Conaxsat Trio in the equipment review section
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=96667 In the review, note that the DUO does not have the divx function of the Trio.

You just plus a USB hard drive in one of the USB ports and set it up in the software (format etc). It works well now that the software is out for it. Supposedly the coolsat 7000 is another nice one, it even has a 40 minutes buffer built in for trickplay functionality.

The Trio I have is very easy to get recordings from and burn to dvd.

Oh yes, take the .ts file from the USB-HD, videoredo it, then nerovision or similar to DVD! Very quick and easy. Depending on hardware of PC, it's as fast as 30 minutes from USB-HD to DVD.

files on HD

Hi, people are referring to the .ts file. I loaned my USB HD to a friend with a coolsat 7000. Works great for him. When i got the drive back with some shows still on it, all I could see from my pc was 'garbage' file names and extensions with boxes and undercores, eg *3*_*'squarebox' 'Squarebox'122.*(square box)

Does anything have to be set on the coolsat to record in a certain format?
Or anything done to the pc to properly read the files on the drive?

I haven't been able to find anything on the web about this yet.
Thank
Dave

Thank you for the info.. I have seached the coolsat site and 'googled' for a while.. I can't find any reference to any utility software. Any one with a CoolSat 7000, do you see .ts file right from the USB hard drive or use a utility to view the files??

Thanks again
Dave

Thanks RtpiFan, did your hard drive actually have .ts files or the funny names i am getting??

Thanks RtpiFan, did your usb hard drive show .ts files or the funny names i am getting?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts