Status
Please reply by conversation.

cparker

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
May 8, 2007
Sanborn, NY
Can the AM21 be used on both the HR22 and HR23 (I think I'm getting all these numbers right)

If you have the AM21 (OTA add-on device) can you record off both satellite tuners and an OTA or are you limited to recording only 2 streams at once? I'm looking for.... how many things can I record simultaneously while still watching LIVE TV... not a previously recorded program.

If I order D* do I have a choice about which receiver I get? I'm reading on here that maybe I want the HR22 rather than the HR23. Correct?

I have a single RG6 QS to each receiver location. I REALLY don't want to run another one. Can I request a single-wire setup and does that cost more?

Finally (I think) more of a billing questions...

Plus HD DVR programming package, no premiums, 2 of the HR22 and 2 of the AM21... can anyone tell me what to expect in terms of initial startup and then monthly AFTER promos are over?

My bill just went over $100 with E* and I have to do something... maybe switching providers is the answer. I have AAA and heard there's some benefit to be derived from that, and if there's a referral discount then I know someone nearby who I'd use for that...

Right now both providers have about equal programming as far as I'm concerned. I know D* has more, but I'm just looking at stations I'd actually watch. At about $10 or $12 each, the premiums are now priced out of the equation as I simply don't watch them enough to be worth it. I don't need a sports pak, but I DO like to watch Sabres hockey. I won't pay for a hockey package to do that though.

So... what's the reality of this? Can it be worth it to make the change? Not talking semantics or whose DVR is better or any of that.... HD programming, equipment cost and monthly price is how I'm shopping this.

Thanks for your time (I know I ramble on like and old man..... but it's legitimate... I'm old)

I'm old also, but I'll try not to ramble....

You can record two programs at a time (any combination of OTA and satellite). You can also record On Demand at the same time via the internet.

The order just specifies HD DVR, not model. Most people seem to be getting H22 or H23 (the only difference is that the H23 doesn't require b-band converters (neither does if you have a SWM system).

A SWM would allow you to have only one coax to each DVR.

Plus HD DVR is $72.99, not counting discounts. It will go up by $3.00 soon. You will pay an additional $5.00/month for your second receiver.

Thanks! Your answer was far less rambling than my question and I appreciate that. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)