Q-Box II DVB-S2

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rapidawn

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 25, 2008
CA
Hello! newbie to the forum...

Does anybody here have information or any experience with the "Q-Box II DVB-S2"?

Seller on Ebay:
cgi ebay com/DVB-S2-Satellite-HDTV-USB2-0-Tuner-Box-FREE-SHIP_W0QQitemZ150286611176QQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

Homepage:
www tbsdtv com/ english / product / QBoxS2 html

I am deciding whether to purchase the DVBWorld or Technotrend DVB-S2 devices, but wondering if this box is legit?
This is the first USB DVB device I've seen with a "Loop Out" connector.

I'm curious too. I e-mailed that seller about the loop out and he says its a true loop out, unlike the Dvbworld device which does nothing. I'm using a diode steered splitter to get around the problem with the no loop out on the Dvbworld

Specifications:
1.Receiving Frequency: 950~2150 MHz Tuning Range
2.Input level: -65~-25dBm
3.Symbol Rate: 1~45Mbps
4.Carrier Capture Range: ±5MHz
5.DVB-S2 8PSK, DVB-S QPSK
7.Support DiSEqC: 1.2
8.Universal Serial Bus 2.0 Standard

Symbol rate looks interesting........

I emailed support @ tbsdtv.com with questions regarding the loop out, USALS, and chipset and received a response within an hour:

Hi,
It's strange how that ebay shop could get our products selling.
(1)the loop out is real.You will be able to connect to another receiver from "loop out".But two receivers can only lock the same "V" or "H".
(2)it supports USALS
(3)i can't tell you which chipset used in the box.
I guess you can't use it for Dishnet HDTV,neither does DVBWorld box. Because Dishnet 8PSK is turbo coded.

Best regards!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TBSsupport
2008-08-26

Weird - not once in my email did I mention Dishnetwork HD or HDTV, or the DVBWorld box :rolleyes: (direct competitors?)

That loop out feature is tempting, but should I be worried that the company can't or won't disclose the chipset they utilize?

Perhaps it is clone.
Anyway, first curious person will open the box and will post pictures, they can't hide it forever.
I've seen claims of support DVB-S2 from the newest unknown manufactures , but after examination chips they had keep silence and did stop discussion.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)