Q re: RF Distribution systems and cable modems

JonUrban

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Eastern Connecticut
Can I put something like a Channel Plus DA-506BID or a DA-550BID on the main cable feed to my house coming from the street, then send one of the outputs to my cable modem?

The manual seems to indicate that it's possible, but I wonder if anyone has tried it. I would not want to impair the speed of the cable modem, but I also would prefer not to have any splitters in the loop.

THANKS

Allow me to disturb the sounds of crickets chirping in this section of the forum and answer my own question for those who may be seeking an answer to this in the future.

YES.

I replaced a maze of splitters in my basement. I had the main cable coming into the house going to a 1 in/3 out splitter - one to the cable modem, one to the my plasma TV with a cable card, and one to another splitter that fed a channel plus video distribution panel (550HHR) and a digital cable box.

The difference is visible, and everything works. The cable modem is a fast as ever, the digital cable box has no issues with the "On Demand" services, and the plasma gets great HD signals from the cable with no artifacting. The Channel Plus IR Distribution (550HHR) that follows the DA-506BID works perfectly with it.

So, if you're in the same situation. Go for it. These units are not that expensive!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts