Q3 2012 #1 selling handset is ...

John Kotches

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 21, 2003
Troy, IL (STL Area)
Samsung Galaxy S3.

In fairness, many people were waiting on iPhone 5 which lowered the sales numbers for the quarter. I suspect that iPhone5 will be the largest selling handset in Q4.

But Samsung also sells the Note / Note 2 -- and Apple does not have a competitive product for this yet.

Interesting times.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

Didn't the S3 hit the market earlier, too?
4th quarter (or 2nd half) should be more telling. :)

Also, we can assume the iPhone 5 is it 'till next fall.
Hasn't Samsung already brought out another new handset?

Didn't the S3 hit the market earlier, too?
4th quarter (or 2nd half) should be more telling. :)

Also, we can assume the iPhone 5 is it 'till next fall.
Hasn't Samsung already brought out another new handset?

I think the S3 first shipped in Q2.

The newest is the Note 2.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Samsung Galaxy S3.

In fairness, many people were waiting on iPhone 5 which lowered the sales numbers for the quarter. I suspect that iPhone5 will be the largest selling handset in Q4.

But Samsung also sells the Note / Note 2 -- and Apple does not have a competitive product for this yet.

Interesting times.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

liking my s3 more than my i5. also preordered a galaxy note 2! verizon shipping note 2 nov 27.

Iceturkee;

My house remains divided- I'll be getting either a Note 2 or an HTC one x+.

Wife will get an iPhone 5.

The brotherinlaw calls me last night and says he went down to look at the nokia 920 and decided it was too heavy and said he thinks the G 2 is the way to go.

LER,

The S pen with it's associated enhancements and apps plus quad core instead of dual core.

There's so many great Android phones launching right now that it's tough to make a decision.

Right up ahead is the HTC Droid DNA / One X+ with wa 5" form factor and full HD resolution.

Cheers,

I have a 32G S3 with a 64G sdcard. I'm not sure what the Note 2 would buy me (It would be bigger).....

i have been wanting a phablet so i would have a tablet small enough to carry around with me. the original note looked nice but was an att exclusive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts