Qam transponders

ucgomez3474

Original poster
Dec 28, 2012
Santa Ana, CA
Does anyone here have a list of the needed transponders needed for a qam system to offer all american programming including HD. We currently have a system that needs an upgrade.

The SATs/TRANS should be the same as residential programming. I'm fairly certain that the only difference is the switch/splitter I believe an the way it distributes the signal to the TV locations. Asides from the difference in the programming packages and how channels are bundled. I would assume you just need 110/119/129 like a normal residential install.

The SATs/TRANS should be the same as residential programming. I'm fairly certain that the only difference is the switch/splitter I believe an the way it distributes the signal to the TV locations. Asides from the difference in the programming packages and how channels are bundled. I would assume you just need 110/119/129 like a normal residential install.
It seems safe to assume that the signal distribution model doesn't need to change. The multiplexers would need to be upgraded and expanded and at some point the available bandwidth of the existing cabling is going to have to be looked at. QAM is by no means immune to total bandwidth constraints.

Are you doing a system rebuild? If so you may need to replace SD receivers w/ HD ones. If you already have compatible HD receivers in the head end then you will need to move all those over to the equivalent HD tp for the channel and tune it to those and the the output will need to go to units that are capable of inputing and outputing the HD signal. It isn't as simple as it sounds to start with. You may need someone w/ headend experience to do it. I hate to say it, that you may need to bring someone else in to do the job and pay them. Or be looking at D* like Claude mentioned and sign a contract w/ them for a certain length of time. I don't know what E* has to offer for this but they may have a program to do it as well. I would suggest that you 1st contact one of the DIRT (dish internet response team) and they may be able to get you to the correct dept to find out what is offered. They come on line in the afternoons and there member names are listed in red when posting. A couple of them I can name off hand are Maryb maryb@Dish Network & Matt G MattG@ DISH NETWORK . Good Luck in your endeavor.

I know a little bit about QAM. I have 4 locations here on Oahu where I have QAM systems. If needed I can post a list of sats/xponders needed for up to the Gold HD pac, that's the most you can get out here. As of now it is 54 Transcoders total but it includes a few Transcoders for some stuff off 118. It's fairly simple but there are a few considerations. Never put adjacent output channels next to each other in the chassis. Never assign HD channels to adjacent output channels. Stack your HD Transcoders low in the frequency spectrum especially if your building is a tall one. If the QAM is to share bandwidth with analog service make sure the QAM rides about 10dB lower in power when you go to balance. Always balance at the input to the launch amp, not the output.

Let me Know if you need my list.

WIX

SMC (386) Favorite changed to SD from HD

OTA adapter and Cable TV

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)