QAM Tuner Help

Rutgerskid

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 25, 2006
My parents just picked up a Dell LCD. They already have an HD Box. They wanted to try to use the qam tuner on the Dell. I set it up, but have no idea how to tune in the specific ATSC Channels. Any help would be great. Thanks

MG

If you are using cable just set the tuner for cable input and do a scan!!
ATSC channels are for OTA (over the air) channels only.
QAM will pick up the unscrambled cable channels.

What he said. :)

Once you set the TV for cable or antenna just have the TV do a channel scan. This can take as long as 10-15 minutes.

Some cable systems have no unscrambled channels, but most of them have local channels, access channels and some select other services available on the super-basic (lifeline basic) tier.

Some new TVs also have what is called "cable-card" capability. Essentially the cable box is reduced to a card that is inserted in a slot on the back of the TV. You can then subscribe to all the services on the cable system (except PPV, VOD and other interactive sevices) and use the TV's remore for everything without the need for a separate box.

See ya
Tony

Thanks guys...I tried doing the search 3-4 times. I got the normal cable channels, but do not get any ATSC. The only channels I get, seem to be signal meters from the Warren Hub and Sayreville? Not sure, what I am doing wrong. The Dell manual is trash.

Sorry, found my own answer. The TV only has NTSC/ATSC tuners. Not QAM. Figures

Thanks for the help anyways

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)