Qph-31 LNB work for Direct TV?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

madgoan

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 20, 2009
In the RV
I have had a subscription to Direct TV since I retired and began travel in the RV full time. Before retiring, I had played with FTA, consequently I have a 36" dish and a Qph-31 LNB. Most of the time, my little dish affixed on top of the RV works fine.
On occasion I am in an area where I cannot get over trees, so, if I had a 'remote dish setup', I could place it such that I could get around the tree problem.
A couple of times I have tried using the 'remote dish setup' but have not been totally successful at getting a picture.

I have only dabbled in the satellite stuff, I have a very slight understanding of how this all works, but it appears that the Qph-31 should handle the direct tv signal.

All of that to ask the question, will the Qph-31 LNB not work with a Direct TV box for some reason?

Thanks

looks like it should work. standard def only off of 101. use the circular outputs. the 101 location does not need a 22khz tone, just 13/14 and 17/18 volts to switch. the genie and the h25 receivers will not work with this lnb.

KenStomski,
Just wanted to say "thanks" for the response. Sorry for the long time response. I finally got to a place where I could set up my on top the RV dome and get my direct, then set up my remote and sure enough, got my Direct TV channels with the Qph-31 LNB......this is great!

Now, I can have the best of both worlds, watch my Direct and play with the FTA if I want!

Thanks again!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sending Client back and getting HR24 to use with HR44

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts