QPH and QDH LNBs

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

WRUFFDIAMOND

Original poster
May 6, 2008
Hi, I am a novice at this, so be patient!

I live in Mallorca, I have a 1.4 meter dish , which we use to pick up the outer footprint of the Uk Sky satalite.
The dish has a poor quality Lnb, in winter the signal is pretty good, now it is summer the signal gets really bad in the evening. I have several different digi boxes, and the results are the same which ever box is used. I have been looking for a suitable LNB , can I use the QPH 031 lnb or is the universal QDH 031 more of use to me? Also would there be any real benefit in motorising my dish. As I dont know what Sats are floating around this nek of the woods.

Help!!:confused:

If you are receiving satellite signals from European satellites (UK Sky?), you'll want the universal, since the low Ku frequency range is often used there.

Is that Mallorca, Spain? If so the Universal QDH 031 would be of best use. To see what Sats are available, check out LyngSat - Lyngemark Satellite. As for motorizing your dish, I would. Just make sure you get a motor properly sized to the dish.
What receivers do you have?

Digi Box

Hi

Thanks for your replies.

Sorry for delay in getting back ,pretty manic few days.

The dish size is 1.4. maybe 1.6 meter the receivers I use are the bulk standard sky, Pace ds430n they were supposed tm be good for Spain, the other box is basically the same but sky plus, apparently there is an old Panasonic whic is supposed to be better for where we are positioned, Mallorca Spain.

Do I have to stick to these boxes to receive Sky?
Basically the channels that are viewed are Local Uk channels BBC1 / 2 - ITV 1 / 2 / 3 -Sky one and kidz disney etc, I pay the small subscription again for the childerens channel and Sky one, I.m 99% sure we an get local bbc/itv without subscribing. I am sure we can live without them ,well my Wife just said I might be able too.LOL.

Please advise on motor size and receivers

Many thanks

Vic

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts