Blindscanning for Satellite Channels with Both V and H Polarity Question?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
J

jsattv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 4, 2006
Because of many duplicated channels I deleted Sat 97.0W / G25 and rescanned it in yesterday on my 12 foot dish. But only one Polarity of Satellite channels came in even though the Blind Scan does BOTH V and H Polarities. I was able to get the other channels again only by manually scanning them in, - but again I have many duplicated channels!!

My Question is with my Corotor II Feedhorn do you physically have to change the Polorotor Control from V to H as the channels are being blind scanned in??

phlatwound

phlatwound

SatelliteGuys Pro
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 25, 2007
Goosapeak Junction
Yes, you do have to change polarities, but I just do 2 seperate scans, one with the Polarotor set H, then again with it set to V.

I

i4tas

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 10, 2005
Northern USA
I always just changed my analog receiver from channel 1 to channel 2 right when the blind scan finished one side. It all depends on how your system is set up.

phlatwound

phlatwound

SatelliteGuys Pro
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 25, 2007
Goosapeak Junction
I always just changed my analog receiver from channel 1 to channel 2 right when the blind scan finished one side. It all depends on how your system is set up.

That would be cool, I wondered if there was a way to do that, but I wasn't sure when the blind scan switched from H to V. Right now I have been been telling the Visionsat to scan ONLY the H when I had my probe set to H (and vise versa), I thought it might speed the scan up if I selected only the polarity that my probe was actually "seeing"? :confused:

J

jsattv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 4, 2006
Thanks Phlatwound and I4tas, guess I'll try again and change V & H on the Polorotor of my Uniden 9900 Receiver as my Viewsat FTA receiver changes from V to H during the blind scan of the Satellite Channels.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts