This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Quality Coax

It is called RG6. It is in the tested specification, swept for 3GHz.

Most any new coax you buy is 3ghz. Old coax usually works just fine. I have some belden from the 80's I still use. just because it is not tested to 3ghz does not mean it can't carry it. To me a lot of the new cable "appears" to be of a lessor quality then the old.

Yep, I've been running a Hopper 2000 and a Hopper 3 on a coax that I installed myself in 1987 and they both have worked just fine....

Reactions: charlesrshell
I haven’t bought any RG-6 for a long time. But like what the Mack stated, it’s probably all 3 gig rated now.

The last time I bought some, the center conductor was pure copper. (Belden) which I personally prefer. But copper clad aluminum (CCA) is fine also.

Also important on a cable system but not satellite unless you live next to a broadcast tower.
I'm not sure if you mean a cable system for satellite TV or Cable TV.
For a satellite TV installation should I grab a roll of dual shield or quad shield?
I don't have any wire yet so I'll be buying new stuff.

I just buy it by the foot at Home Depot. Dual shield RG-6 - quad is a pain to work with and unnecessary.

Solid signal . xxx perfect vision quad shield solid copper. Good stuff.
Not according to Dish Network. They SAY it fails at 3Ghz... I say it fails at the point where it says DirecTV on the jacket........ I use it all the time, no problems

Reactions: navychop
The HD coax was higher quality than the stuff I got at an electrical supply house.

Reactions: HipKat
Just to make sure I understand everything correctly.
Solid Copper or Copper Clad Steel:
Doesn't matter.
Dual shield or Quad shield:
Doesn't matter.
3Ghz:
Any coax cable probably supports it.
It sounds like the same cheap coax the cable company uses, is that right?