Question about Absolute

testarc

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 9, 2007
Normally, how long does Dish let people keep discontinued packages (like Absolute HD)? I am thinking sign a new 2-yr contract with Dish (to get a new receiver), would Dish force me to change package during the 2 yr period? Thanks

If you sign a new contract it will list the current packages. So in all likelihood you will loose your absolute.

and once absolute vanishes, there is no way on earth to get it back. Most CSR's don't have a clue what it is and its not even listed on Dish's computers.

It would have to be a very special receiver for me to want to loose HDabs.

U incorrect

If you sign a new contract it will list the current packages. So in all likelihood you will loose your absolute.

and once absolute vanishes, there is no way on earth to get it back. Most CSR's don't have a clue what it is and its not even listed on Dish's computers.

It would have to be a very special receiver for me to want to loose HDabs.

I'm absolute and changed over to new 722k and kept the package.

Normally, how long does Dish let people keep discontinued packages (like Absolute HD)? I am thinking sign a new 2-yr contract with Dish (to get a new receiver), would Dish force me to change package during the 2 yr period? Thanks

You are safe, the grandfathering angel will watch over you :angel:

I have upgraded receivers twice since Absolute was discontinued, and it has not changed my programming package at all.

Still luvin' HD Absolute!!

Go for it.

I changed receivers and later dropped HBO/Starz, but still have Absolute. I believe that the Programmers forced Dish to drop Absolute.

Thanks all. I do have another question though. After reading 30 pages of Price Increase thread, I still don't get it! If I add a 612 as my second receiver, would I have to pay $10 extra or $10 + $6 extra?

I really don't think anybody will know for sure for a few more days (or hours), as CES runs it's course.

I stopped reading that thread early on. Ran out of cheese to give out to all "the sky is falling" people.

Thanks all. I do have another question though. After reading 30 pages of Price Increase thread, I still don't get it! If I add a 612 as my second receiver, would I have to pay $10 extra or $10 + $6 extra?

EVERYONE with a dvr on their account will pay ONE $6.00 dvr fee come 2/1/10. So if you have a dvr on your account and it is a 612 , the second 612 will be charged $10.00 for the equipment fee. So yes it will cost you $16.00 for the second dvr and the one dvr fee.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts