Question about America HD Only Package

puttersea

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 8, 2010
Seattle
I just switched yesterday from Americas Top 200 to the Dish America HD package for 29.99 (mainly because I am not watching a lot of TV right now. I am a bit confused because I am still getting some SD definition channels. For some reason I though my sub channels would be only HD hince the name America's HD only?

Just kind of trying to figure out why?

Last edited:
I just switched yesterday from Americas Top 200 to the Dish America HD package for 29.99 (mainly because I am not watching a lot of TV right now. I am a bit confused because I am still getting some SD definition channels. For some reason I though my sub channels would be only HD hince the name America's HD only?

Which SD channels are you receiving?

Well, of course you still get the shopping channels, as they pay for carriage. You also still get Public Interest channels as well as Dish Earth. And you get and SD channels on free preview.

Don't like them? Block them or set up a custom list.

Do you also still get all the local SD channels from stations that were not
transmitted in HD by Dish?

I am going to do the same thing also and was wondering if in the future
I can switch back to America's Top 120 with HD Free for Life without the
2 years commitment or paying the $99 fee. Currently I have the America's
Top 200 with the HD Free for Life package.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts