question about channel on galaxy 16

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dan00

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 7, 2012
south ms
on galaxy 16 i cant get wsjx fox out of caribean network. i have done blind scan and do pick up some of them. i know it switched to mp4 and i do get a signal but its blank. is this channel still available or is there something i am doing wrong? i have a manhattan 933 reciever. i would appreciate it if anybody could help me on it. transponder 3848 h 15029

Yea it's there. I get a strong signal. I think what may be the issue is, some receivers can't do multiple formats on one transponder. There are both Mpeg4 and Mpeg2 on this transponder.

With the S9 I see it scanning in a Ch-8, but exiting to view, the channel list does not have a Ch-8. Somethings weird???. I know I had it, FOX, a while ago. MoFact, the tp scan "says" it gets 6 TV channels. But I can only see the last four, Ch-3, Ch-6, Ch-8, Ch-113, in the scan mode. Then while in the view mode, the channel list only shows four chnls (total) on that TP, Ch-1, CH-2, Ch-6, Ch-113. CH-3 and Ch-8 are missing. (And also lost the 'hidden' ch.) dang- hope I saved the TP list last weekend.
Going to delete all tp's except this one and try again. Same results. same 6ch scanned in, same 4 stored.
Delete this tp (all tp's) reboot and re-enter and scan. Same results...
WTDH is going on here????
Reloaded saved tp list and see all the channels previously scanned, and added, in but do not have the FOX ch(None of the channels I have = the pids of it) nor do I have Ch-8 or Ch-3.(which are scanned in with a TP, blind, or accurate scan.
Time for the editor.
EDIT: can't do mpeg2 & 4 on the same TP.(??) Think it did on another satellite, just can't remember which that is, so can't check. AAArrrrrggghhhh.

I had similar troubles with the P.R. NBC channel.

I entered the A and V pids manually, but my AZ-PremiumHD
wouldn't keep them after re-boot.

My fix was to delete the TP, re-boot, re-enter the TP
manually, and re-scan it.

It was then just a matter of renaming the channels in the
PID edit page.

Cheers.

OK, the other 'hidden' channel here IS the other H264 channel. Ch-8 & Ch-3 do appear in the editor. But being "Wrong" video type. Editing should work as it did with the 'other' ch.
I'll be back if it doesn't work.

Work around for the S9

Only works if there's only 1 h264 channel in the list with the mpeg2 channels. (that's probably why the other TP/channel, that I mentioned, worked)
This worked-Added another TP with only the 2 h264 channels, offsetting the SR by 1.
3845 V 15031
Ch-3 h264 V 769 (h264) A 770 (AAC) P 769
Ch-8 h264 V 2049 (h264) A 2050 (AAC) P 2049

I finally got it going. i downloaded the manhattan software and edit it in there and it worked.thanks for all the input guys.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)