Question about CONUS locals 77W

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The lnb is standard 12.2-12.7 circular.
The beam patterns for all transponders are identical.
I would check for signal existence on all the transponders using your circular lnb.
If they are all there, the Dish (USA) transmissions are also there.

It might be that you have not activated a Dish account on your box. You probably can not activate using the 77W signal. But, after activation with access to one of the other Dish satellites (77 probably does not carry the activation stream), it should work.

That's my best guess

Thanks Nelson61 I did not know that not all sats could activate, I also have an 8foot dish that I will point and connect, I will plug this in over the weekend to get the strongest signal because I did a blind scan with my fta receiver and it picked up all the dishMexico transponders but none of the dishUSA, lyngsat show 2 pairs of beams for our area one stronger than the other, I can't see which pair is Mexico and which is USA but probably the Mexico is stronger.

I will post my results once I have done more testing

OK, I think i know my proBlem , I cannot see anything that is mpeg4, 77w dishUSA is all mpeg4 so I get good signal but zero quality, DishMexico I get great quality on everything that is NOT mpeg4 but zero quality there also on mpeg4 transponders
Do I need a different LNB for MPEG4?
I currently have a EMP N888K, the specs don't talk about MPEG4

OK, I think i know my proBlem , I cannot see anything that is mpeg4, 77w dishUSA is all mpeg4 so I get good signal but zero quality, DishMexico I get great quality on everything that is NOT mpeg4 but zero quality there also on mpeg4 transponder

Do I need a different LNB for MPEG4?

No. The data stream is decoded in the receiver, not the LNB. Your 922 can already handle the the Dish version of modulation (8PSK) and mpeg-4. So if you have a strong signal, your receiver should tell you the quality is good.

If your Dish Mexico receiver can't handle the modulation, then that explains why it can't figure out what the signal strength is (zero quality). But a 922 should most definitely be able to see and (if authorized) view those Dish signals on 77W.

Just to let everyone know when you upgrade to the Hopper 3 the Tech changes the Dish so no more 77W so no more "moving". This is a letdown oh well.

Chris

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Just to let everyone know when you upgrade to the Hopper 3 the Tech changes the Dish so no more 77W so no more "moving". This is a letdown oh well.

Chris

You can add a separate wing dish if you need to.

The tech said they are doing away with 77 I guess later this year so it would matter anyway. I just have to put 1 close to my area now I guess.

I just talked to a local installer who said the same thing that Dish is doing away with the 77( did not know that). He says he does not install a 3 LNB eastern arc dish just uses the 2 LNB. I was looking to replace my western arc dish with an eastern arc dish. I have a question too. Does anyone know which dish could be used as a wing dish to get 77 and how to add it to the 2 LNB eastern arc dish? Using a 722 receiver and I still got the old dish 300 that I used at one time as a wing dish on 61.5.

I just talked to a local installer who said the same thing that Dish is doing away with the 77( did not know that). He says he does not install a 3 LNB eastern arc dish just uses the 2 LNB. I was looking to replace my western arc dish with an eastern arc dish. I have a question too. Does anyone know which dish could be used as a wing dish to get 77 and how to add it to the 2 LNB eastern arc dish? Using a 722 receiver and I still got the old dish 300 that I used at one time as a wing dish on 61.5.
They still make a LNBF that works for 61, 72, and 77 that works with the 1000.2 dish, if you have a 1000.2 dish, you can just change out the LNBF and repoint it. Solid Signal has the LNBF for $35, here is a link

https://www.solidsignal.com/m/produ...=google_base&gclid=CKKIqbWBpcsCFdgHgQodIAwECA

Are you sure that fits the 1000.2 dish???.
I know that's what it says , but that looks like the LNB for the 1000.4 dish.

And the 2 different Dishes lnbs don't work together .
I've already tried it.

Is this a newer version?
Do they make a EA 2 LNB that fits the 1000.4?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Reactions: JSheridan
Not with the New Hybrid.
But in all actuality, Dish should have made the 22x28 1000.4 dish the standard dish.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts