question about D10-200?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

futbolrey

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 21, 2005
I been having problems with one of my D10-200 receiver. It always goes into sleep mode and I always have to plug the cord back to wall outlet to wake it up. So almost everyday it has to download to tv guide. The other receiver is pluged all day and I never have to reset it. I have no idea why the other one shuts off. I have the directv protection plan do u guys think I should get a replacement? Its a minor problem that i've been having.

it locks up/ the green light doesn't light up even though its pluged in.

I called directv and the tech person said that it could be an upgrade problem. He said to check back on the Jan 18 or 19. He then made me try to manually upgrade my reciever by imputing 02468. That didn't work so i guess i'll have to wait.

Last edited:
one last question regarding D10-200 receiver

my aunt has the d10-100 reciever and the on screen guide is blue while mines is green? Will directv convert convert all menu guides to blue in the near future?

Yes, blue is the color they are moving to, hers should be blue too, it just sounds like hers is not automatically updating to the latest software (our d10-200 didn't autoupdate either when it had the green menus), so if she wants the blue menus, she has to do a manual update.

Doing a manual update:

Open the front door where your card goes, there is a red button, get your remote in your hand, and press the red button, then when the tv screen says "Hello, your directv reciever is starting up", press 02468 on your remote (do not hit enter).

You may have to try it a few times to get it, when you get it it will say "Almost there" then, something like "A software update was found, downloading"

If there is no download ready, it won't say anything special.
Keep in mind, not all areas of the country gets the updates at the same time, so forcing does not mean you can get it if it's not ready for your area.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)