Question about Digital Channels in Guide

protoboard

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 13, 2004
I live in the Chicago Area. Maybe someone local will have more insight on this question. Anyway, during a digital search I see that WLS has 3 channels 7-1, 7-2, 7-3. Last night during Monday Night Football when I clicked on the Off Air channel 7, under the sub-guide there was only one channel, 7-1. When watching this it was stretched SD TV. However, after Halftime, there was still only one channel and it was now HD.

1. Should I see all three of the channels at ALL times, or do they come and go as the channel decides to broadcast them.
2. Why was it not HD during the first half?
3. Is there a website, or something imsilar that will tell me how many DTV channels are broadcast by each network? If the person at work had never said "I get 3 channel 7's, 7.1, 7.2 and 7.3 I would have never known to even look.

Protoboard,
I too live in the Chicago area and just spent some bucks putting an OTA antenna on top of the roof to replace the one in my attic. Channel 7 digital comes in on UHF channel 52 and there are 3 subchannels: 7.1 is the mirror of the SD broadcast; 7.2 is ABC News; and 7.3 is 24-hour Doppler weather. I was watching pieces of the football game in between the Olympics last night between 9:00 and 9:30 pm on 7.1 and it was wide screen HD. Even with the new antenna and a line amplifier, it still comes in the weakest of the major networks and I get some pixellation. All three have been available and appear to have programming all the time I can get any one of them. Channel 9 has two subchannels 19.1 and 19.2 which have the same video that mirrors the SD broadcast but I found 19.1 sometimes has no audio or it's in Spanish. For some reason my Dish 811 box won't map these channels to 9.1 and 9.2 no matter what I have tried. The HDTV tuner in my TV does but not the box. The other one with multiple subchannels is PAX which has 36.1 through 36.6 of various program contents. If your antenna is strong enough you can get WGN on 75.1 and 75.2 but I erased it since I get it on 19.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts