Question about Direct TV Local and Distant network feeds

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

calguy99

Original poster
Dec 2, 2004
Hi,

I was formally with Pegasus for about 5 years but last month I got switched back to Direct TV. Since I can't get any local TV stations via an antenna I was eligible for the Distant Network feeds from Direct TV. Yesterday I noticed that the PBS feed had been dropped from my channel line up. I called Direct TV and they told me that I had to sign up for local stations which are now available and are part of the "Total Choice" package in my area and I would get back my PBS local feed. The question I have is if I get the local Direct TV feeds will Direct TV take away my Distant Network feeds? I like having the Distant Network but I miss the PBS feed. Does anyone else have both of these services, both local feeds and Distant Network feeds? I'd like to hear from you id you do have both.

Thanks

Joe

The way PBS works is that if you have a local PBS available by satellite you cannot get the nation pbs feed.

As far as distant networks and locals under the current law if you qualified for distants you can keep them wether or not you get your locals. (That may change with the new law)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts