Question about Distant networks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

titanman100

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 10, 2007
I have had DNS from direct tv for about 14 years and love it. Last november my locals were made available but I chose not to add them on. This morning I discovered that they have been turned on without me ever saying anything to Direct tv. I am also still receiving dns channels. I discovered that on 3 of my rececievers I get my locals and 2 of them I do not. My question is will direct tv be turning of my DNS channels and this is just a warning? Or since 2 of my receivers do not get the locals will they give me both? I am hesitant to call Direct tv and ask any questions because I do not want to lose dns, also am I some how grandfathered in with dns having had it for so long? I do not mind paying for both.

If some of your recievers aren't getting some channels, just reboot the reciever (unplug them for like 30 seconds). That usually fixes it.

As for whether or not you'll lose your DNS channels, I'll leave that up to someone else.

Dont call them honestly. All it can do is harm (from previous experiences)

I recently "moved" and I still somehow have my old locals and the new ones. The market I moved to is weird as its a hybrid market. They dont have all 4 nets there so Directv can pump in the neighboring DMA (which is my "old" DMA)

So technically I should have lost my local CW, My, PBS and CBS and gained CBS from the new market, national PBS, CW from Washington DC...well I have both now. So its kinda nice. When I "moved" and the new channels popped up, I said "oh it looks like my old ones are still there" and the rep said "dont worry. They'll drop off within 24 hours"...well its been 2 1/2 weeks :)

This has happened to me twice:

I had the NY/LA DNS feeds in the 90's, when DirecTV added the Houston locals, the DNS feeds were turned off a few months later. :mad:

Then a few years back, I had the Mpeg-2 NY HD DNS feeds since I'm too far from Houston to get the OTA HD Houston signals, then DirecTV turned on the Houston locals in HD, I got a letter some time after saying that I would lose the NY HD feeds by a certain date, which I did. :mad:

I was unhappy about it, but oh well....

Does DirecTV has some sort of audit program that checks programming every once in a while?

here is something interesting...

I checked my account online (sort of. I cant see my invoice currently as my D* account is through my local Telco)

Anywho...I clicked on "show my package channels" and down where it shows locals it shows BOTH the old DMA's locals and the new. Its kinda confusing as my new DMA is only a 1 channel DMA( CBS) so they pump in the other big 3 from Minneapolis. But it shows both DMA's (1st pic)

When I go online as a new customer on the D* site it shows the locals I should get. (2nd pic)

Hey I aint gonna complain (by the way my normal DMA I can get OTA)

For the OP check your account. I dont know if distants show up on your package deal if you click from the "packages" part of the site (where you can print a channel list)

Attachments

• account.jpg
    account.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 105
  • new.jpg
    new.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 106
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)