question about FTA and LNB

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

indyscott

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 22, 2005
Indianapolis, IN
I just recently purchased a used 920 4dtv with a new Traxis-dbs2500 and had it locally installed. I am having lots of problems getting channels that others say are easy to get. Is it possible the LNB that was sold to me is not good enough. I get so many weak channels and no channels when others are doing well.

The 2 examples I will start with is G10 ku vert. and the satellite that is suppose to have the Ankorage channels. On G10 I get 2 channels with quality in the upper 60% and about 15 channels with quality in the 30s% and the picture breaks up and voice doesnt work well along with many channels I cant get. The other satellite I cannot get anything from Ankorage. This is the same satellite that has NASA and Denver locals on the C-band analog side.

Could it be poorly aligned? Could it be a poor LNB? My dish is 10' and I live in central Indiana. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Scott

your dish alignment could be off a little. Have you tried changing the skew of the LNB at all? Proper skew can make the difference in between no signal and great signal ;-)

Excuse my question for I am new, but how does one change skew on LNB? And why does 2 of the channels come in great with quality in the 70% range and the quality on the 15 others now is so poor, I can't get them in. Thanks for your help.

Scott

Peter,

Scott is working with a 10ft BUD and a Motorola 920. I tried to explain in a PM how to set the skew (polarity). I think that might be his biggest problem.
I have been working with him for awhile and he his very new to the game and does not quite know all of the jargon and terminology that we use, so be patient with him. He is the one I ask you to help out with the Traxis dbh 2500, remember? Anyway I want to get him lined out and I will need help from everybody, you game?

I thought he has a 922, it's a 920. Tom, Peter, Tony do you guys know this receiver?

Status
Please reply by conversation.