question about fta dish lnb receiver, etc

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jrrjr

Original poster
May 19, 2012
Tampa FL (33615)
Would I be able to get Hispasat with a DirectV Slimline dish or I need something larger? I got a Universal Linear dual KU lnbf (brand new from ebay) , with a viewsat platinum lite that I used back in the days. I thought i was handy at this, but I found myself spending about 2 hours trying to catch Hispasat signal on my roof without any success. From where I am here in Tampa it says Azi at 109 and elevation 24 but i just got tired of pointing it that way and nothing. grrr

am I on the right track or just off completely, please help, and thank you in advance to all FTA pros out there.

The issue is you are trying to use a FTA LNB on a non standard dish. To mount a different LNB on a Directv slimline dish requires some work. It would be much easier to get a 30" dish which the lNB can fit correctly into the holder and takes no extra fabrication

thank you for the help cyberham and iceberg. believe it or not some or your old posts help me to figure this whole fta stuff out, along with some elbow grease. Cyber, the TP that worked for me was the 11884 every other settings I just followed suggestions like you said. Iceberg you are totally right, i had to rig the lnb up (L bracket holding lnb with 2 wires) but the funny thing is this. To my own surprise from my location the Slimline dish works but only if I turn it sideways (slimline reads from bottom to top) I figured this after drawing up some conclusions from using a Sat finder application on my smartphone that showed everything sideways every time I ask for the Hispasat signal. Anyways this rig I wanted to set for my mom that I recently brought from Cuba and she misses a lil bit. Once again, thank you so much for your help.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)