Status
Please reply by conversation.

w6pea

"Old Jarhead"
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 21, 2011
Mexifornia aka San Diego, Ca.
I was thinking about upgrading to Genie, does anyone know if it will really work Whole Home like my DVR? :confused:
I called them the other day and they said I had to pay $199 plus shipping and get stuck in another 2yr contract :rant:does anyone know if they are having any specials. Also will I need to send back my box. I am almost out of my contract. Would it be worth it to upgrade to a Genie box and ask for another HD receiver when I add the Genie Service? I am under the impression that if I do that all of my boxes except the Genie and the HD Rec. would be mine or would all of the boxes still be leased to them.:confused: I was told my bill would only go up 6.00 bucks. I think the sales person was trying to blow smoke and get me to commit to a lot more crap kinda like Chick Lambert and his dog Spot in the 6o's car dealership Crenshaw Ford Motors. :excited:

Leasedf vs Owned, it all depends on what the units you currently are using are, the HR34 won't be Owned and normally anything older than a HR20 is leased.

There are exceptions, but the major majority are Leased.

Leasedf vs Owned, it all depends on what the units you currently are using are, the HR34 won't be Owned and normally anything older than a HR20 is leased.

There are exceptions, but the major majority are Leased.

I think you mean anything NEWER than an HR20 is probably leased.

I had to pay 99 and that was before the release in CA and after the official release it was free! I own the equipment.

When did you get your OWNED equipment and are you sure, D* verified that you own it ?

Many people think they own thier equipment ...

Personally, since '06, I find NO reason to want to own equipment anymore, much easier to keep up with the newer stuff leasing than trying to buy.

I had to pay 99 and that was before the release in CA and after the official release it was free! I own the equipment.

I tried to buy one a couple of months ago. They said I had to sign another contract. The sales person said to wait until March when I was out of the contract I have now...and it would be free. with another 2 year contract. I am trying to figure out if I add it to my set up if I add one of the boxes I have from before will it become a leased box now?

I was thinking about upgrading to Genie, does anyone know if it will really work Whole Home like my DVR? :confused:
I called them the other day and they said I had to pay $199 plus shipping and get stuck in another 2yr contract :rant:does anyone know if they are having any specials. Also will I need to send back my box. I am almost out of my contract. Would it be worth it to upgrade to a Genie box and ask for another HD receiver when I add the Genie Service? I am under the impression that if I do that all of my boxes except the Genie and the HD Rec. would be mine or would all of the boxes still be leased to them.:confused: I was told my bill would only go up 6.00 bucks. I think the sales person was trying to blow smoke and get me to commit to a lot more crap kinda like Chick Lambert and his dog Spot in the 6o's car dealership Crenshaw Ford Motors. :excited:
If you get the HR34, with the C31 boxes, yes its does the exact same thing as a DVR.
If you get the HR34 with H25 receivers then all you can do is record live tv, and "DVR Recorded" content.

I perfer this setup, because My HR 34 only gives up one tuner when the H25 wants to record something, Each of the C31s, uses at least one tuner from the HR34 all the time. Great for a 3 room system and only 2 rooms are recording at one.
Rewinding live tv is not that important for me to lose out on tuner space. I have no problem hitting record button.

I have a HR 34, HR 23,and 2 H25s and that system I can record 5 things at one while watching Live tv in all 4 rooms. HR 34 and 3 C31 can't do this!

I apologize if this is a bad repetitive question, but I have not been able to find the answer with a quick search. I currently have 2 HD DVRs and I am planning on adding a new HD TV to my household. I like the idea of whole home functionality to connect all of my DVRs. Am I able to use my two current HD DVRs in the same system with a Genie or am I better off getting a non-Genie HD DVR and adding the whole home set-up to it? I would rather not use mini-clients on two of my TVs and I do not want to have to pay for 2 new mini-clients.

Also, how can I find out if I am currently under contract? I do not think that I am, but when I spoke to a CSR they said they could not give me new equipment for free until February. Last February one of my HD DVRs broke and they replaced it, but I thought that was based on my Protection Plan and would not have any effect on the status of my contract.

Your dvrs will work fine in a whole home setup. You have to call or email to find out your contract status. Replacing defective equipment isn't supposed to extend or start a contract, so make sure about that.

I apologize if this is a bad repetitive question, but I have not been able to find the answer with a quick search. I currently have 2 HD DVRs and I am planning on adding a new HD TV to my household. I like the idea of whole home functionality to connect all of my DVRs. Am I able to use my two current HD DVRs in the same system with a Genie or am I better off getting a non-Genie HD DVR and adding the whole home set-up to it? I would rather not use mini-clients on two of my TVs and I do not want to have to pay for 2 new mini-clients.

Also, how can I find out if I am currently under contract? I do not think that I am, but when I spoke to a CSR they said they could not give me new equipment for free until February. Last February one of my HD DVRs broke and they replaced it, but I thought that was based on my Protection Plan and would not have any effect on the status of my contract.
I would go with the addtional HD DVR. But I would also see if they would give you a good price on the HR34. You don't need C- 31s to have the HR 34.
I will never buy or Upgrade to C31's untill Directv either lets us have 2 HR 34's or they come out with a New Genie that has 10 tuners!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts