Question about HD-LOCAL moving,,,,,,,,

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bartbull

Original poster
Jun 7, 2004
:confused: Last night i bought the h-20-600 at Best Buy. I am replacing my HTC100 with this unit. My question is i am a mover,, i have been receiving the Chicago locals for the past 3 years, i MOVED with a Chicago address, but
i live on the border of ILL. & IOWA, the spotbeam bleeds out that far. Directv is now brodcasting the Chicago
locals in HD, my question is will i be able to pick up the HD locals. Does the Ka/Spaceway beam bleed out of Chicago like the SD-LOCALS ? Or is it more pinpoint for radius of city. ? I didn't want to go and buy the new 5 lnb dish if i wouldn't be able to pick up the HD locals. I also have this posted at DBSFORUMS & AVS, they told me to come here, they weren't to sure. I have looked at Scotts map but was not sure if it was the same for HD-locals http://www.scottandmichelle.net/scott/dtv.html
THANKS,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

That footprint map looks old unfortunately and is based on the SD spotbeams. I have not seen much footprint info on the KA birds yet, but I would suspect that the spotbeams are relatively the same size. I would recommend buying the dish from a local retailer with a nice return policy and try it out. That will be the only real way to know for sure, unless you happen to know another user in your zip code that does the same thing; the rest of us would just be guessing. Also, try calling the board sponsor Robert @ Value Electronics (listed above) and describe your situation, he MIGHT be able to help you out. Plus, being a board member should get you a discount!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts