Question about HR10-250

Status
Please reply by conversation.
riggscm said:
ANYWAY :rolleyes:
I'm curious if you are on a slab, or have a basement or crawlspace.

If you have some way of getting under the floor then you could tap into the wall from underneath, and feed up to your current jack.

It's on a slab, No basement or anything under. I thought after that upgrade I will be fine, I guess you have to ask them for more cable but then it could have cost like $2000

if you weren't worried about pq, you could put the reciever in the closet where all the wiring comes together, run your second satellite line there, and just use the coax to the tv...
then get a uhf remote extender for the remote.

Arrgh!

I'm bloody mad. I just found got an HR10-250, and the installer just told me the same bit of bad news that this guy got. Of course, my TV nook is downstairs in the middle of the house, no easy way to run a second cable. What the bloody hell is wrong with these satellite people? I had TWO SA-8000HD HD DVRs (4 simultaneous channels) running off one cable, and they can't even do TWO channels on the same cable? I'm not even asking for them to match the four. Is two channels without tearing the house apart too much to ask? CBS HD and Universal HD aren't worth it (the only 2 HD channels D* has that Charter Victorville doesn't). Now I'm forced to put the DVR in the master bedroom (drill through the wall), and the plain HD box downstairs. No more showing off my library of HD movies to the guests except by taking them upstairs to my master bedroom.

I guess later when I get my projector, I may drill the outside wall and move the DVR to the back of the family room against the wall near the PJ. (I have hardwood, currently no way to run the coax "under" it to the TV nook.)

I'll decide if it's worth the hassle in the next few days... I may just go back to cable. I don't know... maybe I'll feel different after being seduced by the Tivo software and my boiling blood cools a little.

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGH!

David

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)