Question about local channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ramy

The Star Wars Collector Podcast
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2004
Here
When Februray 19th comes along and the analog signal is shut off. What happens to my local channels from Directv? They will no longer have that signal and they still don't have an agreement yet to show them from the digital signal so won't they go dark?

Why wouldnt they have the agreement to show the digital signal if they already can pass along the analog? Are you sure that they arent getting the digital signal now?

They have already said (and showed plans) to have every local receive facility catching / using a digital signal by Feb 19.

You should see no change in SD locals, except possibly a little better picture.

If you get HD locals, they are already using the digital.

Somewhere there is a link to a list of each market and the transition date (for satellite receive facilities) for DIsh & direct. I'm sure someone will remind us where ;)

The only exception to the above replies is if you catch your locals via an OTA feed to your DTV box. If you get them throught DTV directly, you won't notice a thing (except maybe a better picture - as already noted).

I am in the Charleston/Huntington, WV DMA and we are ranked somewhere around #65 and we still don't have HD locals yet. With the exception of Lexington, KY my DMA is the highest without them. I don't understand the order in which they are choosing them.

Last edited:
I am in the Charleston/Huntington, WV DMA and we are ranked somewhere around #65 and we still don't have HD locals yet. With the exceptiong of Lexington, KY my DMA is the highest without them. I don't understand the order in which they are choosing them.
Ramy, I dont think anyone does. And that goes for both sat companies.

locals in chicago wbbm 2

Need to know if anyone else has the same problem. It seems it is every time i watch chan. 2 hd that the picture pixilates. I hate this, its on mondays my favorite nite for the tv, it pixilates like i'm using my antenna but it is coming from dtv. Let me know if anyone out there from chicago has the same problem or maybe i need to ajust the dish.

I am in the Charleston/Huntington, WV DMA and we are ranked somewhere around #65 and we still don't have HD locals yet. With the exceptiong of Lexington, KY my DMA is the highest without them. I don't understand the order in which they are choosing them.

:D Maybe it's a Kentucky conspiracy as #50 Louisville has no HD locals yet. I think dish added some of the Louisville HD's last week but Direct is a nada.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)