Question about moving hopper 3

brownover

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
north carolina
I bought a new house. Have 1 hopper 3 with 2 wireless joeys. Have turbo hd dish with 2 cables coming off the lnb into a single cable connected to the hopper 3. Home I bought has a dish 1000 with 3 cables coming off the lnb because he had 3 receivers. Question is can I use the lnb from my turbo dish on the dish that is already setup at the new residence. I will only have to use one of the cables going into the house. Houses are 7 miles apart and both dishes have 2 lnbs. And luckily both dishes are easily accessible.

Your Hopper 3 at the old house is probably set up with a hybrid LNBF system. The new house will need the same. If your home seller had a Hopper 3, then you are probably OK. Otherwise, you'll need a LNBF replacement along with a hub...

Your Hopper 3 at the old house is probably set up with a hybrid LNBF system. The new house will need the same. If your home seller had a Hopper 3, then you are probably OK. Otherwise, you'll need a LNBF replacement along with a hub...
Thanks Bobby. I should just be able to move the lnbf and hub, or I could just take the dish with the lnb. Masts are the same.