Question about Multi Sport Package

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

KaptainKrunch91

Original poster
Sep 29, 2009
San Diego, CA
Hello,

I just had my Dish Network installed today.

These are the packages that I have:

America's Everything Pack
Turbo HD Gold
Local Pack
Multi Sport Pack

Now I know that you need the Multi Sport pack to get the NFL Redzone Network, but the lady I spoke with on the phone said I get an additional 29 Regional and local channels. I see that these channels are available in the guide and I can view them when there isn't a game playing. When there is a game playing it says that the event is blacked out. Can someone please tell my why I am paying 5.99 a month if I can't watch a single game on any of the RSNs because they are blacked out. There is no way that 5.99 is just for the NFL Redzone channel.

Hello,

I just had my Dish Network installed today.

These are the packages that I have:

America's Everything Pack
Turbo HD Gold
Local Pack
Multi Sport Pack

Now I know that you need the Multi Sport pack to get the NFL Redzone Network, but the lady I spoke with on the phone said I get an additional 29 Regional and local channels. I see that these channels are available in the guide and I can view them when there isn't a game playing. When there is a game playing it says that the event is blacked out. Can someone please tell my why I am paying 5.99 a month if I can't watch a single game on any of the RSNs because they are blacked out. There is no way that 5.99 is just for the NFL Redzone channel.

The $5.99 is for the multi-sports pak PLUS the Redzone channel. Technically, the Redzone channel is part of the multi-sports pak.

The only live professional sporting events you're going to see on the RSN's are the ones from your local market. Everything else is blacked out. You will be able to see quite a bit of college events, but no out of market pro sports. You must subscribe to the appropriate league (NBA, NHL) package in order to see out of market games. Since Dish does not offer the MLB package, you're out of luck with Dish if you want to watch out of market baseball.

With NHL/NBA/MLB games, all of the regional nets "schedule" times for the blackout (they vary by market)...after the blackout period ends the games appear. I've been able to watch many baseball games from the 7th or 8th inning on this year, my first with the Regional Sports Pack. Hockey and Basketball should also be that way.

The Multi-Sports package is good if you're in a zipcode that is claimed by more than one team.

Here in OKC, our default RSN is FSN-SW, and they provide Texas Rangers and Houston Astros games. But we're also claimed by the Cardinals and the KC Royals. The Multi package gives us FSN-MW for those games. Works the same for basketball too.

The Multi-Sports package is good if you're in a zipcode that is claimed by more than one team.

Here in OKC, our default RSN is FSN-SW, and they provide Texas Rangers and Houston Astros games. But we're also claimed by the Cardinals and the KC Royals. The Multi package gives us FSN-MW for those games. Works the same for basketball too.

I wish McAlester was claimed by both......:rant:

The RSNs are nice when the local game [NHL/NBA/MLB] isn't being shown on your local channels or the main sports channels. Also, you do get some college and high school sports too.

Still, the best part is the NFL Red Zone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)